ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Thought I'd share a few pics outside of my main Mods thread as many might be interested in some of the cosmetic 'solutions' I went after to upgrade my 2022 4S Cross Turismo. All the Mod detail are in the main thread - just some visuals here:

Here is the link to my Mods thread with some shots that actually might be better than those here! #197

Main highlights:

1) All patterned OEM plastic sanded and painted Satin Black (rear and front facies, side skirts etc).
2) Side and rear red reflectors and OEM 'Monkey Butt' removed with plastic welded body work and all painted Satin Black.
3) Wheel arches painted body color and covered in Xpel Ultimate.
4) headlight black plastic and charge door swipe surfaces painted OEM Gloss Black.

When you sign up for a job like this be prepared to be patient :) - process can take 3-5 weeks depending on full or partial car and competency of your customizer - the sanding process alone is extremely time consuming.

Hard to capture in pics and apologies light conditions when I took these really not good but you can still get the feel for the changes which I think came out superb - def one of those improvements better seen in the 'flesh'!

Earlier shot in more flat light conditions:

Porsche Taycan Custom Painted 2022 4S Cross Turismo - Changed OEM patterned plastic to Satin Black and much more. IMG_5598

Rest shot this AM in less favorable light conditions:

The harsh/bright light tends to make the Satin on the rear here look more glossy than it actually is - contrast is more obvious with OEM gloss black diffuser.
Porsche Taycan Custom Painted 2022 4S Cross Turismo - Changed OEM patterned plastic to Satin Black and much more. IMG_7485.JPG

This pic by contrast is tending to over do the contrast between grey and black! Here I had the "tear drop" headlight inserts painted glass black to match the other upper body gloss black elements and the front facia is Satin black after removing the OEM patterned finish.

Porsche Taycan Custom Painted 2022 4S Cross Turismo - Changed OEM patterned plastic to Satin Black and much more. IMG_7471.JPG

Another view of the front sanded/re-painted facia albeit in bad shadow!

Porsche Taycan Custom Painted 2022 4S Cross Turismo - Changed OEM patterned plastic to Satin Black and much more. IMG_7472.JPG

Rear facia/valance sanded/painted satin black contrasting with the OEM gloss black diffuser - note the complete absence of the side red reflectors (plastic welded out and valance re-pained) and the rear red reflectors painted satin black.

Porsche Taycan Custom Painted 2022 4S Cross Turismo - Changed OEM patterned plastic to Satin Black and much more. IMG_7478.JPG

Another view:
Porsche Taycan Custom Painted 2022 4S Cross Turismo - Changed OEM patterned plastic to Satin Black and much more. IMG_7484.JPG

Porsche Taycan Custom Painted 2022 4S Cross Turismo - Changed OEM patterned plastic to Satin Black and much more. IMG_7481.JPG

Porsche Taycan Custom Painted 2022 4S Cross Turismo - Changed OEM patterned plastic to Satin Black and much more. IMG_7491.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Outstanding - what the CT should have offered all along!
Thx - really pleased with result and indeed it does feel like an OEM look and finish which was def what I was after.

WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
hmmmm This... One... Right... Here... Just awesome.
Congrats with the subtle (but for the trained eye noticeable) adaptions...

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
This is a game changer for the rear bumper. So much matt cheap plastic. Would love to get this done.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Looks sick! Perfect modern batmobile