landshark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Been looking at it but not available until next Spring…. One (minor) thing that I don’t like the 1 Up is it requires two hands to open/operate….
Sponsored

MarkSCville

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Hi there. I have enjoyed using my 1up trays with the bars from bsclywilly but I had my local metal fabricator make interlocking bars that have a 2" receiver welded to it. This let's me use my Thule tray rack. If someone is interested in purchasing the bars and 1up trays please message me directly.
Porsche Taycan Custom Rear Bike Rack Installed with 1up Trays IMG_1987
Porsche Taycan Custom Rear Bike Rack Installed with 1up Trays IMG_1988

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Would be great to see your new setup on the car - also no pref to powder coat this new unit black?

Pinballplanet

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Panamera ST eHybrid, 1983 928 S - 5 speed
Country flag
Hi there. I have enjoyed using my 1up trays with the bars from bsclywilly but I had my local metal fabricator make interlocking bars that have a 2" receiver welded to it. This let's me use my Thule tray rack. If someone is interested in purchasing the bars and 1up trays please message me directly.
IMG_1987.jpeg
IMG_1988.jpeg
Nice looking setup. Any chance your fabricator would be interested in making any more of these? Thanks.

MarkSCville

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Would be great to see your new setup on the car - also no pref to powder coat this new unit black?
Hey there. I will get some photos of it on the car soon. I decided not to powder oat it since the Thule rack is also aluminum and not powder coated.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ive been enjoying using Willy’s rack and the lights and adapter are working well! It even seems to automatically disable the boot opening via the key fob to avoid any accidents!

Only problem is one of the 1up red lever units seems to be very loose and doesn’t slide freely. I’ve checked the 3 bolts and they are all tight but the unit itself is loose and I can’t workout why? Anyone seen (and hopefully fixed!) this problem?

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Ive been enjoying using Willy’s rack and the lights and adapter are working well! It even seems to automatically disable the boot opening via the key fob to avoid any accidents!

Only problem is one of the 1up red lever units seems to be very loose and doesn’t slide freely. I’ve checked the 3 bolts and they are all tight but the unit itself is loose and I can’t workout why? Anyone seen (and hopefully fixed!) this problem?
There’s a spring that keeps tension on the lever, could that have fallen out? Anything else that looks different than the other lever assemblies? Shoot me a picture if you can. 1up is pretty good about servicing their products.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
There’s a spring that keeps tension on the lever, could that have fallen out? Anything else that looks different than the other lever assemblies? Shoot me a picture if you can. 1up is pretty good about servicing their products.
Thanks Will. Here is a short vid that shows the issue:

and a closeup of the piece

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Took me a while to get around to it but I finally mounted a wall rack to store the bars and bike racks.

IMG_1144.jpeg

IMG_1145.jpeg

Used Wall Control peg board, which are a nice step up from standard peg boards and their 6” slotted hooks.

IMG_0189.jpeg
Nice - have had this set up since I got ‘em and best way to store - already had an entire wall of my garage with a similar system so an easy solution for me :)

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Willy’s Bike rack featuring in the Nov edition of Porsche Times Lausanne edition

IMG_3600.jpeg
That's hilarious - Great pug for a more efficient better product :)!!

Guessing that's yourself and best pal - great shot and really missing proper scenery - need to get ourselves relocated!

PS: impressed you trained your dog to ride - nice bike he/she has :)