First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
Hey all
New to Porsche but have owned roadster and model s. Is it just me or is dealing w Porsche really frustrating? I’m putting down $200k and it seems like pulling teeth to get details or updates. My order (Turbo) was accepted back in Jan w May delivery.
I’m thinking of canceling because often first impressions set the precedent from my experience w companies.
Someone give me hope?!?
Porsche just seems really out of touch w technology for ordering and tracking large purchases.
Thanks all!
Sponsored

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Where exactly have you been for the past 2 months?
All factories closed in case you didn't notice.
Chill out and stay in.

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where exactly have you been for the past 2 months?
All factories closed in case you didn't notice.
Chill out and stay in.
ha!!.. Naa nothing about the delay. That's expected. It's all the communications before and in the last week or so when things have started back up again. I don't have any experience with Porsche and was expecting a bit more once a month updates or something :-D..
I'm not expecting the car for many reasons but the lack of communication is interesting.
But hey, I'm posting to see if others have the same feeling.
Thanks!

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree with you Glenn. You would think that in times like this, one of the top priorities would be to reach out to customers, particularly those with open orders, and explain the situation and expectations. (Most other business did this in some way.)

The sales team is supposed to be your point of contact and they didn't seem to be given any information either. The time I called PCNA, their service was impressive. They had to speak to others to get information on my order, which they did while on hold, and then also followed up with an email. But it seems others had a different experience.

My sales associate has been back in for a week and has emailed me twice. If you aren't receiving updates, I think its the individuals or dealer that you are using that are to blame, particularly if they have reopened. If they are not open, try calling PCNA and see if you have the same good luck.

+1 to some kind of technology that allows us to track the production status. This will be the coolest car I have ever owned and I'm like a little kid waiting on Christmas morning - only it has been more like six months.

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree with you Glenn. You would think that in times like this, one of the top priorities would be to reach out to customers, particularly those with open orders, and explain the situation and expectations. (Most other business did this in some way.)

The sales team is supposed to be your point of contact and they didn't seem to be given any information either. The time I called PCNA, their service was impressive. They had to speak to others to get information on my order, which they did while on hold, and then also followed up with an email. But it seems others had a different experience.

My sales associate has been back in for a week and has emailed me twice. If you aren't receiving updates, I think its the individuals or dealer that you are using that are to blame, particularly if they have reopened. If they are not open, try calling PCNA and see if you have the same good luck.

+1 to some kind of technology that allows us to track the production status. This will be the coolest car I have ever owned and I'm like a little kid waiting on Christmas morning - only it has been more like six months.
Will call them tomorrow

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I am having your same thoughts.... is this complete lack of communication worth it.... what will be the after sales experience when the sales experience is like a wet piece of bread..... I put 10000CHF, and was initially asked to put more, on a project in December 2015. Completed my final order in September 2019 and I have not a single word from my dealer of where my car might be.......... they refuse to give me any information. I don’t even have the official order code so I can’t even go to Porsche Switzerland directly to get some info......... it’s much worse than disappointing! I even received my new wheels and tires long before any news of the car has surfaced... and they were 6 month delayed! My brother meanwhile has been solicited by his Porsche dealer, in a different country, to buy multiple different Taycans of every ilk as they are arriving in droves to his dealer.........
Please Porsche.... where is my car??????

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am having your same thoughts.... is this complete lack of communication worth it.... what will be the after sales experience when the sales experience is like a wet piece of bread..... I put 10000CHF, and was initially asked to put more, on a project in December 2015. Completed my final order in September 2019 and I have not a single word from my dealer of where my car might be.......... they refuse to give me any information. I don’t even have the official order code so I can’t even go to Porsche Switzerland directly to get some info......... it’s much worse than disappointing! I even received my new wheels and tires long before any news of the car has surfaced... and they were 6 month delayed! My brother meanwhile has been solicited by his Porsche dealer, in a different country, to buy multiple different Taycans of every ilk as they are arriving in droves to his dealer.........
Please Porsche.... where is my car??????
Whoa! I’m not in that bad of a situation. Wow. Hummmm. Not sure if this is a one off experience? I’ll wait and see what others comment.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The challenge is you’re not dealing with Porsche but instead your dealership. The experience varies from 0-100. You can call Porsche directly but for the most part they don’t actively circumvent your dealer or do much proactive communication.

you should lean on your SA or their boss. If the GM won’t make it right, then find another dealership.

I think Porsche should lean a lot harder on the dealers and take a more proactive role in customer relations for their own brand. But it seems like “this is the way” it’s always been and PCNA isn’t changing.

it is crazy when you think about how other businesses in this price range treat customers. luxury goods and travel and hospitality. It really puts Porsche to shame.

apparently this problem effects ferrari and Lamborghini too. Or so I’m told.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Totally agree and I’ve had many a heated email recently with my dealership,on lack of comms.

I don’t mind the car being delayed but just one email a month would be great just with a 3 or 4 line update, Their reply was pretty much do you want the car or not in the end.

in danger of being flamed butI think Porsche customers fall into 3 categories, I don’t want get into naming categories but my view is....

Category 1.) People who are stepping up from another band into the lower end Porsche’s. part of the more mass produce models, 718, Macan etc so the whole step up into the brand. They feel happy to have made the ‘step up’ so they are used to buying from mass producers so are happy just to move into a premium brand.

Category 2.) People who are in the middle who see the investment as pretty significant but expect the customer service to match the expense and brand they are buying into.

Category 3.) People who have multiple vehicles, the Porsche might be just for collection or occasional use so these customers probably get great service as they have bought multiple vehicles and even poor service is probably ok to a degree as the cash investment or usage might be so low they don’t need to worry.
I also think people feel differently if the lease or buy, I buy my cars so I’m a bit more emotionally attached to the vehicle to say cars I get had over the years on a company lease. Ownership dials up the level of service I typically expect.

Personally I was in category 1 with my last two cars, both used 911s but just happy to be part of the Porsche experience. Any customer experience gaps got masked that I was happy be able to join the club and put it down Lack of attention to The fact I was buying a used vehicle so not really a true full customer.

I feel with my first new Porsche car purchase with the Taycan that I was in category 2, I’m shelling out over £100k for a car which is not cheap and was expecting the level of service would kick up a notch. I’m not after a white gloved service but the experience on ordering, tracking, information and comms has been well below par, some down to the fact it’s a new vehicle and comms/knowledge are not as defined but mainly just lack of customer focus.

I have genuinely had better customer experience from Amazon at times than Porsche.

anyway... that’s just my opinion

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
As others have pointed out, if you have a bad experience with a salesman... get another. This is your money; your car; your experience. If things are not going well, talk to their boss, or their bosses boss. Find another person, or dealership, who can work with you and provide the experience you are looking for.

My closest dealer does a fine job. I've no complaints. I still use them for most service because of convenience. I ended up buying all my vehicles from one just a bit further out because they were willing to work with me (and had the Macan and Taycan allocations I wanted! ;) ). Plus my salesman is really good to me.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Easier said than done, to change the dealership, when you have already shelled out 10000 and made a confirmed order....... until the order they were very responsive and called me every day to make sure I got my order in........ since .......... basically nothing, unless I hound them and then VERY LITTLE and nothing real.... "you should receive it in a month" or "you should receive it in April" or.............. already talked to the manager whom I have bought other cars from at another brand when he was a sales person there........ still not much going on....... So again, PLEASE PORSCHE step up to the plate and communicate with your customers...in this case me... :)

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The challenge is you’re not dealing with Porsche but instead your dealership. The experience varies from 0-100. You can call Porsche directly but for the most part they don’t actively circumvent your dealer or do much proactive communication.

you should lean on your SA or their boss. If the GM won’t make it right, then find another dealership.

I think Porsche should lean a lot harder on the dealers and take a more proactive role in customer relations for their own brand. But it seems like “this is the way” it’s always been and PCNA isn’t changing.

it is crazy when you think about how other businesses in this price range treat customers. luxury goods and travel and hospitality. It really puts Porsche to shame.

apparently this problem effects ferrari and Lamborghini too. Or so I’m told.
Yeah makes sense. Like u said it’s got to come down from the top.
Thanks

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Totally agree and I’ve had many a heated email recently with my dealership,on lack of comms.

I don’t mind the car being delayed but just one email a month would be great just with a 3 or 4 line update, Their reply was pretty much do you want the car or not in the end.

in danger of being flamed butI think Porsche customers fall into 3 categories, I don’t want get into naming categories but my view is....

Category 1.) People who are stepping up from another band into the lower end Porsche’s. part of the more mass produce models, 718, Macan etc so the whole step up into the brand. They feel happy to have made the ‘step up’ so they are used to buying from mass producers so are happy just to move into a premium brand.

Category 2.) People who are in the middle who see the investment as pretty significant but expect the customer service to match the expense and brand they are buying into.

Category 3.) People who have multiple vehicles, the Porsche might be just for collection or occasional use so these customers probably get great service as they have bought multiple vehicles and even poor service is probably ok to a degree as the cash investment or usage might be so low they don’t need to worry.
I also think people feel differently if the lease or buy, I buy my cars so I’m a bit more emotionally attached to the vehicle to say cars I get had over the years on a company lease. Ownership dials up the level of service I typically expect.

Personally I was in category 1 with my last two cars, both used 911s but just happy to be part of the Porsche experience. Any customer experience gaps got masked that I was happy be able to join the club and put it down Lack of attention to The fact I was buying a used vehicle so not really a true full customer.

I feel with my first new Porsche car purchase with the Taycan that I was in category 2, I’m shelling out over £100k for a car which is not cheap and was expecting the level of service would kick up a notch. I’m not after a white gloved service but the experience on ordering, tracking, information and comms has been well below par, some down to the fact it’s a new vehicle and comms/knowledge are not as defined but mainly just lack of customer focus.

I have genuinely had better customer experience from Amazon at times than Porsche.

anyway... that’s just my opinion
Yes your first two paragraphs sum the experience up perfectly and the solution

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Easier said than done, to change the dealership, when you have already shelled out 10000 and made a confirmed order.
If the experience is that bad though, cancel the order, get your money back, and take your business elsewhere. You are correct, it is not easy.
Sponsored