HigherLevel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Porsche Macan S, 2021 Taycan Turbo S (Jan 21)
Country flag
Yeah I actually really like that, well done.
Sponsored

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Im pretty sure I will get this done. Thanks for the great Idea. I will take it to my local wrapping guy to see if that will do it as a temp version. Dont want to do a permanent thing in case it affects the GFV when returned to Porsche
Plasti-dip...will hold up better than vinyl but 100% reversible.

And to the OP I couldn't stand those wheels and now I like them so great job! Why didn't a designer at Porsche notice this when they were creating the wheels!

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
So, I had some black tape and decided to experiment.

I think 1/2” gloss black pinstripe tape might work. Mostly it doesn’t have to be 1/2” wide, but at the ends it does. Maybe even a little wider.

The challenge is the outside end isn’t 90° to the tape. And the inside end is an odd angle.

Ignore my sloppy taping. But it would take a long time to do all 40 strips. And trimming the tape has a high likelihood of scratching the wheel finish.

By the way, it is a glossy black paint, not metallic.

I’m thinking Masking and Removable Vinyl Paint might be better. (Read less likely to cut your wheel paint with razors).

Porsche Taycan Customized Look for 20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels for $25 - What do you think? 5E12D5F8-E0B1-4DC4-9794-01DD134CB528

Porsche Taycan Customized Look for 20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels for $25 - What do you think? EAEBEEDD-3A7D-47FD-9811-87042AACE209

Porsche Taycan Customized Look for 20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels for $25 - What do you think? 9187D585-BFD6-46B4-82C7-FAEF062138EB

Last edited:

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
So, I had some black tape and decided to experiment.
Did you happen to take any pictures from, say, 5-10' away? Interested to see how well the tape experiment came to matching the photoshop from @PITTSBURGHTAYCAN .

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Did you happen to take any pictures from, say, 5-10' away? Interested to see how well the tape experiment came to matching the photoshop from @PITTSBURGHTAYCAN .
No. Because (I assume) it will look like the original photoshop from far. And I only did one piece. So it would look silly.

w1z

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I ordered a new Mamba Green 4S after reliving some amazing memories from my two day Porsche Sport Driving School during a test drive. No words can actually explain what a Taycan feels like, you just need to drive it.

My next dilemma after designing my car was the wheels, I am not the biggest fan of the 20” wheel options until I started playing around with design using my Apple Pencil and tried blacking out some of the spokes that could be done with paint or pinstripe vinyl. Let me know your thoughts before I start finding my local stripe guy or if anyone has tried something like this in any wheels in the past.

25E6B06B-C626-4FC7-9F0E-5F471CCC7B22.jpeg
FA2BA8B5-3727-4C04-BA59-6CDFF97342E1.jpeg
I know I'm 2 years late, but I love your design. Did you complete it and how does/did it look.

OP
OP
PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
The wheels turned out nice and 13 months later there is no issues with peeling, rock chips, etc. I used a detail company to do the work, it was $400 for all 4 wheels. They had a lot of experience wrapping cars and doing bras. I had them tint the windows and clear PPE bra on the front 1/2 of the hood.

The new GTS blacks out everything and that looks pretty awesome as well. I think both are good choices.

best of luck to you and your wheels

Porsche Taycan Customized Look for 20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels for $25 - What do you think? 86A6FF94-EF6D-4A31-AE2F-FEBFCA37157A

FMO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (MY21)
Country flag
Has anyone had these alloys fully painted gloss black? I’m considering doing on my volcano grey but would love to see what it looks like…!

obxckw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone had these alloys fully painted gloss black? I’m considering doing on my volcano grey but would love to see what it looks like…!
Would love to see that !
Sponsored