tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I took my female border collie on a quick food run tonight for the first time. She is normally very well trained and indoor dog and never done this before. Apparently she peed just a little in my car while driving and it was like sulphuric acid on the seats. Anybody have an idea what a new seat surface will cost?

UPDATE: Determined it was actually a leaking bottle of muriatic acid that was transported the day before. Lulu the border collie is vindicated and will ride again!

Interestingly, I learned this may be close to a $5000 venture as my Porsche tech guessed the labor is 4-6 hours and the seat 3200...-This is something that I should be claimed on my comprehensive insurance policy.

Porsche Taycan Damaged rear seat...Not the dog's fault IMG_5033
Sponsored

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Holy moly, does your dog look like this?
B74FB2F4-192E-4DD2-AF53-99365DB5ACDB.jpeg
I was just about to ask the same thing!:CWL:

OP, I think you’re looking at a new seat. Don’t feel bad, I had to pay $2,500 to have a penny removed from our Golden’s stomach.

• Wow
Reactions: B61

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry guys...my bad....and dog is off the hook. I wouldn't think she would pee in car. I didn't see any fluid when we got home and I got to thinking that I did pick up some pool supplies two days ago and put a gallon of muriatic acid in my pool and put other gallon in garage. I looked at the other gallon in garage and sure enough...it was leaking and this is what happened...

So...feel free to keep Rover in the car...I apologized to my dog and will claim this as a comprehensive claim and should be good!

Porsche Taycan Damaged rear seat...Not the dog's fault image0 (2)
Porsche Taycan Damaged rear seat...Not the dog's fault image0 (2)

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
. I looked at the other gallon in garage and sure enough...it was leaking and this is what happened...
So you put a gallon of acid on the seat…or, your dog step on leaked acid in the garrage before she jump into the car?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for making us aware of this! And like @Archimedes said, I think you got off cheap...I recently paid $8100 to save my dog's life and he passed anyway. :(
I hope you have happy memories of your dog.
Losing a pet is awful. Been through it recently (2 years ago) and still breaks my heart.

OP. Glad you sussed out what it was (not the dog) ....and once its fixed never to put bottles of acid on Porsche seats again.
Maybe an insurance job?

And we eventually know what the frunk/froot is for!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Sorry guys...my bad....and dog is off the hook. I wouldn't think she would pee in car. I didn't see any water when we got home and I got to thinking that I did pick up some pool supplies two days ago and put a gallon of muriatic acid in my pool and put other gallon in garage. I looked at the other gallon in garage and sure enough...it was leaking and this is what happened...

So...feel free to keep Rover in the car...I apologized to my dog and will claim this as a comprehensive claim and should be good!

image0 (2).jpeg
image0 (2).jpeg
I am glad this is the cause (for your dog, not your seats).

Your dog would had the worst case of aciduria / cystitis ever. Must have hurt a lot if her urine could have caused this to your seats. When I read your first post, I thought it might have been vomit because that is acid.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Sorry guys...my bad....and dog is off the hook. I wouldn't think she would pee in car. I didn't see any water when we got home and I got to thinking that I did pick up some pool supplies two days ago and put a gallon of muriatic acid in my pool and put other gallon in garage. I looked at the other gallon in garage and sure enough...it was leaking and this is what happened...

image0 (2).jpeg
image0 (2).jpeg
Perhaps edit the original post with this update?

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag