First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
L&G,

Continuing on my previous thread where I browsed around a bit, have now searched quite extensively but haven't found anything to my satisfaction.

Understand Blackvue LTE cams would fit the bill of my first post, but I AFAIK it will only be installed into the 12V system - which is a no go for me. (Have also read on warranty issues, in addition to a 12V system in the Taycan that has shown to be frail...)
Asgari also has the Dashcam PRO Dual, but reading on the manuals they also have to be installed into the 12V system - in addition the manual expressively state that it shall not be installed onto a electric vehicle.

So my updated requirement list is as follows:
Video quality: 1080p or better (1 or 2 cams doesn't matter too much for me)
Connectivity: Wifi and mobile (4G, LTE)
Power source: USB C (This is an important one for me).
GPS would not a a requirement for me

My intention is to connect it to a powerbank with PD and USB C out (5V 3A), which in turn is powered by the USB outlet in the car. Each time the car is started it will charge the powerbank, and when the vehicle is off then the powerbank will be the battery. If the powerbank runs out.. couldn't care less.

Does anyone know of a dashcam that would fit the bill?

Edit1: 1 solution would be to have a separate small car battery in the trunk, dedicated to the dashcam. (12V 5Ah bike battery would fit the bill? 1.2Kg) But it's not really an elegant solution, now is it?
Sponsored

Last edited: