Dashcam install

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yesterday I got my Blackvue 900X front and rear dashcam installed in East London.
Really nice installer who had option of going to his house or coming to my house (which was an Extra £50 and couldn’t get a slot that worked for me). I chose to go to him and make a day of being able to drive through London without paying the congestion charge (make sure you register the car on TFL first!).

It took him around 2 hours to do this in the neatest possible way so i can’t see any wires and it works like a treat. I wanted to be able to use while parked so i got the battery backup option in the Lower boot.

Worthwhile doing and getting done properly!

Pics to follow…
Sponsored

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Congratulations. Great dashcam. I had the same unit and backup battery installed a few days ago. In lieu of utilizing the trunk's hidden boot for battery placement, my installer used the trunk's right pocket, which dimensions enable the auxiliary power unit to lay flat on the floor of the pocket.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Congratulations. Great dashcam. I had the same unit and backup battery installed a few days ago. In lieu of utilizing the trunk's hidden boot for battery placement, my installer used the trunk's right pocket, which dimensions enable the auxiliary power unit to lay flat on the floor of the pocket.
I asked about using the storage pack but he said this was easier in the boot. I’m fine with that because i only use the lower trunk for the cable Whereas i might use the side compartment (although the last time i used it i forgot to close the lid of my flask so it does have coffee down there!)

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
This is a screenshot going over the historic Tower bridge in London. The clarity is amazing and i love how this has the GPS data (unlike the Porsche / Audi one) all in 4K. I turned the Microphone off for the cabin though.

Debating whether i get the cellular upgrade to be able to view anytime over a sim card.

Porsche Taycan Dashcam install E9FD9DD3-003B-4573-8A8B-17A137E23147

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Yesterday I got my Blackvue 900X front and rear dashcam installed in East London.
Really nice installer who had option of going to his house or coming to my house (which was an Extra £50 and couldn’t get a slot that worked for me). I chose to go to him and make a day of being able to drive through London without paying the congestion charge (make sure you register the car on TFL first!).

It took him around 2 hours to do this in the neatest possible way so i can’t see any wires and it works like a treat. I wanted to be able to use while parked so i got the battery backup option in the Lower boot.

Pics to follow…

Pics to follow…
Looks a nice neat installation. Did theybrun the rear cable alongvthe edge of the roof lining or along the cills at floor level?
How much did you pay for the unit and how much was the install?
We have a flat over in Bethnal Green which our sin lives in so I'm often in the East End.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Neat install – especially where they located the battery. Do you have any concerns about the wire that was routed down the A-pillar potentially impeding airbag/air-cushion deployment ?

Porsche Taycan Dashcam install 1660328239434

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
I was going to attempt to install the 750x 3ch on my own. Is the battery connected to the fuse box, or how does it get charged? I planned to use the 12 volt in the trunk.

Thank you for sharing! It's helpful as I plan.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I originally had the front camera mounted in the same position as yours, but it always bothered me when I sat in the passenger seat, which is not very often but still bothered me. So, when I had my windshield replaced when it was cracked, I moved the camera up to right below the headliner. I am now happy, but I know it's a personal preference thing.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Looks a nice neat installation. Did theybrun the rear cable alongvthe edge of the roof lining or along the cills at floor level?
How much did you pay for the unit and how much was the install?
We have a flat over in Bethnal Green which our sin lives in so I'm often in the East End.

From the photos it was along the cills.

I got the unit from Amazon for around £440 and the battery Pack was a NEO 6 for £250. The installation was CHEAP at around £90 in E1 (Limehouse) just off the Commercial Road.

Highly recommend him - I’ll DM you the details and you can mention my name if it helps. He had installed a Taycan before but without the battery pack.

The 900X has power management option and so doesn’t drain the battery.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was going to attempt to install the 750x 3ch on my own. Is the battery connected to the fuse box, or how does it get charged? I planned to use the 12 volt in the trunk.

Thank you for sharing! It's helpful as I plan.
This has a fuse kit and is on an empty fuse with an adaptor there is no hardwire splice etc.

I spoke to Blackvue in Nottingham who wanted like £200 for the install and the work with Porsche dealers so i was assured on warranty aspects.

The other option is the 12V of course but this was much neater and i am not sure if the unit draws power from the 12V when switched off. I’m happy i went through the fuse box though. The battery pack charges while driving only and not when parked to ensure recording when you are parked without draining your battery. You can get battery expansions packs too.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Neat install – especially where they located the battery. Do you have any concerns about the wire that was routed down the A-pillar potentially impeding airbag/air-cushion deployment ?

1660328239434.png
I think I’m comfortable with his install. He had a lot of tools in his truck and you couldn’t tell it was there unless you looked hard.

I hope i don’t need to find out!

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I think I’m comfortable with his install. He had a lot of tools in his truck and you couldn’t tell it was there unless you looked hard.

I hope i don’t need to find out!
I have dropped dashcam cables down the A pillar on several BMWs. It is quite easy to route them so they don't interfere with the air bags, you just need to take the cable behind the air bag before dropping it down the edge of the A pillar.

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am planning a similar install thanks for the info!

This has a fuse kit and is on an empty fuse with an adaptor there is no hardwire splice etc.
Did you use the front passenger side fusebox? Or is there a fusebox in the trunk (that I did not know about :) )? Thanks!

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I am planning a similar install thanks for the info!

Did you use the front passenger side fusebox? Or is there a fusebox in the trunk (that I did not know about :) )? Thanks!
Yes used the front fuse box
Sponsored