raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Any idea when the MY22 configurator will be released and when MY22 Taycans (not CT) will be available for delivery?
Sponsored

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S PBP
Country flag
Are there any reasons for waiting for the 2022 model? I have both a MY20 and MY21 and the difference isn’t noticeable in any way after my MY20 got the SW update. Both my cars are Jet Black, and they have the same options (HUD on the MY21, but I don’t like what they did to the dash to fit the HUD... so I like the MY20 interior better...). Don’t believe Porsche will do any big changes on the Taycan for MY22 either.

Also, if Porsche actually did choose to update the cars yearly, there will be another “update” in 2023... if you wait long enough, you might be in for the flying version of the Taycan in 2050:giggle:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Taycan exterior will follow the evolution of the 911 - i.e. slowly, that’s typically how they do things. I expect more software enhancements and a few more toys but apart from better reliability MY20 through MY23 outwardly will all look the same. We might expect a GTS variant however.

stradford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I heard change of Taycan Model year to 2022 is cw 25 2021
Thank you Mr-Propper. Has anyone been able to confirm if Taycan '22 deliveries will start in Oct '21 with orders starting in Jun '21? I was planning to place my Taycan order mid-May '21 for a '21 model with an Oct '21 delivery date. Appears it may be worth waiting a month to get the '22 this year

Filback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SLK, 4 Series
Country flag
I’ve ordered mine last week and was told it will be a MY22.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Thank you Mr-Propper. Has anyone been able to confirm if Taycan '22 deliveries will start in Oct '21 with orders starting in Jun '21? I was planning to place my Taycan order mid-May '21 for a '21 model with an Oct '21 delivery date. Appears it may be worth waiting a month to get the '22 this year
My model year 2020 Taycan 4S entered into the body shop (V260 - CP 0.0) on August 24, 2020 and exited production (V270 - CP 7.8) as well as reached completion (V300 - CP 8.0) on September 9, 2020. It was still as model year 2020. Maybe the cutoff timing was atypical because of COVID, but mid-September build seems to be a safe assumption for a next-year model threshold.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
My model year 2020 Taycan 4S entered into the body shop (V260 - CP 0.0) on August 24, 2020 and exited production (V270 - CP 7.8) as well as reached completion (V300 - CP 8.0) on September 9, 2020. It was still as model year 2020. Maybe the cutoff timing was atypical because of COVID, but mid-September build seems to be a safe assumption for a next-year model threshold.
Oh good. I was worried that my dealer had incorrect information and that I could get a 2022 built in July. He said that July builds were probably still 2021 allocation, and that's why he scheduled me for a September build which will be delivered in November. It was guaranteed to be a 2022.

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Oh good. I was worried that my dealer had incorrect information and that I could get a 2022 built in July. He said that July builds were probably still 2021 allocation, and that's why he scheduled me for a September build which will be delivered in November. It was guaranteed to be a 2022.
Thank you. I will call Porsche to find out.

stradford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the responses, guys.

Rainforest, I'll go back and ask my dealer again. Did your dealer state whether there will be any differences between the '22 and '21 models?

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Thanks for the responses, guys.

Rainforest, I'll go back and ask my dealer again. Did your dealer state whether there will be any differences between the '22 and '21 models?
i didn’t ask my current dealer, but another store told me last month that 2022 would support Android auto. That’s all I know.

ReefMan

First Name
Harut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Mercedes S560
Country flag
Hi,
I just decided to buy a taycan as n for my daily. I configured one

pmyl5wn6

I think I got all the things I wanted. I have a couple questions
1. When will the my22 configurator go live? Does anyone have any insight? I know for 21 it was early September. Because I can order one now with a October delivery and it’s at msrp so I don’t mind waiting another month or two to get a 22.

2.RWD owners...is this a good drive? I don’t care for this car to be fast as I’m waiting on a gt3rs allocation. But I want it to be a fun drive as well.

3. I like the glacier blue look but anyone seen it in person? What are your thoughts. I’m between that and black or volcano gray

thanks

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Hi,
I just decided to buy a taycan as n for my daily. I configured one

pmyl5wn6

I think I got all the things I wanted. I have a couple questions
1. When will the my22 configurator go live? Does anyone have any insight? I know for 21 it was early September. Because I can order one now with a October delivery and it’s at msrp so I don’t mind waiting another month or two to get a 22.

2.RWD owners...is this a good drive? I don’t care for this car to be fast as I’m waiting on a gt3rs allocation. But I want it to be a fun drive as well.

3. I like the glacier blue look but anyone seen it in person? What are your thoughts. I’m between that and black or volcano gray

thanks
All of my test drives were in black cars. This car is so good looking that it looks great in every color. That said, I think there are colors that show off the styling and curves better than black. Not sure which blue that is but Neptune looks amazing. I like Volcano Grey too. But mine will be Mamba.

As for MY22, my dealer said that he’ll put my build in during Dec for a delivery after Jan 1.
Sponsored