First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5, TTSCT
Country flag
Hello All

I've been viewing the forum on a fairly regular basis without joining but now I have some good news I thought I would join the club!

My OPC has confirmed dates for me as detailed below, but I know from this forum and personal experience dates can change, hence the "ish" caveat. I've been patiently waiting for a Turbo S since June 2021.

Deposit paid: 04 June 2021
Build start date: 02 February 2022
Build completion: 18 February 2022
Delivery expected: 1st or 2nd week in March 2022.

It will be my first EV and I'm about to place an order for a "charger" for home and work. The discussion on the forum regarding chargers has been invaluable as I also want to utilise solar power at home. I think I've decided on the Andersen now they have confirmed it will work with any excess solar/battery storage. Current lead time for chargers is 7-8 weeks.

Regards

Mark
Sponsored

OP
OP
4MBN

4MBN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5, TTSCT
Country flag

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Hi Paul

Thanks for the advice on Hypervolt, I’ll have a look before I make my final decision.

And thanks for the reminder on the grant expiration date, appreciate it.

Mark
Have you heard back from Andersen?
I just placed my order today (steel grey fascia / stone box) and sent back my virtual survey within 30min! I really hope they don’t take 3 weeks to review my install as it’s super straightforward (panel is 2m away from where I want the charger… just on the other side of the wall) and I want to make the 31st March deadline.

I also had to be VERY optimistic saying I was expecting my car around 15th May (for a build slot in June ??) as you won’t be eligible if estimated delivery is beyond 4 months out.
Any info on how soon Andersen can install would be greatly appreciated.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I also had to be VERY optimistic saying I was expecting my car around 15th May (for a build slot in June ??) as you won’t be eligible if estimated delivery is beyond 4 months out.
When I got my charger installed using the OLEV grant the installer needed the car registration details. I had the charger installed first and provided the details within about a month. Something to bear in mind in case its the car reg they need.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello All

I've been viewing the forum on a fairly regular basis without joining but now I have some good news I thought I would join the club!

My OPC has confirmed dates for me as detailed below, but I know from this forum and personal experience dates can change, hence the "ish" caveat. I've been patiently waiting for a Turbo S since June 2021.

Deposit paid: 04 June 2021
Build start date: 02 February 2022
Build completion: 18 February 2022
Delivery expected: 1st or 2nd week in March 2022.

It will be my first EV and I'm about to place an order for a "charger" for home and work. The discussion on the forum regarding chargers has been invaluable as I also want to utilise solar power at home. I think I've decided on the Andersen now they have confirmed it will work with any excess solar/battery storage. Current lead time for chargers is 7-8 weeks.

Regards

Mark
Have you ruled out using the PMC+ you get 'free' with the car and adding the HEM rather than paying more for a 3rd party EVSE for home use?

OP
OP
4MBN

4MBN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5, TTSCT
Country flag
Have you heard back from Andersen?
I just placed my order today (steel grey fascia / stone box) and sent back my virtual survey within 30min! I really hope they don’t take 3 weeks to review my install as it’s super straightforward (panel is 2m away from where I want the charger… just on the other side of the wall) and I want to make the 31st March deadline.

I'm holding off from placing the order with Andersen at the moment. I went back to them after I checked the solar integration because I couldn't see it worked with solar battery storage (not crucial but useful). They clarified it wouldn't work with solar battery.

I really like the design of the Andersen and the ability to hide the cables.

I need a separate unit at work so I'm likely to order one anyway. I'll let you know their response times when I do.

Mark

OP
OP
4MBN

4MBN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5, TTSCT
Country flag
Have you ruled out using the PMC+ you get 'free' with the car and adding the HEM rather than paying more for a 3rd party EVSE for home use?
Like many others, the advice and support I've had on charging has been minimal from Porsche. They recommended Andersen!

I wasn't sure if the PMC+ works as a normal "charger" or a slow charger using a normal 3 pin socket - as seen on a review somewhere.

I have recently become aware of the HEM and was going to try and speak to Porsche for advice on whether this would suit my needs.

Can the PMC+ be hard wired and installed on an outside wall?

Do you have experience of HEM and is it any good?

Mark

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Like many others, the advice and support I've had on charging has been minimal from Porsche. They recommended Andersen!

I wasn't sure if the PMC+ works as a normal "charger" or a slow charger using a normal 3 pin socket - as seen on a review somewhere.

I have recently become aware of the HEM and was going to try and speak to Porsche for advice on whether this would suit my needs.

Can the PMC+ be hard wired and installed on an outside wall?

Do you have experience of HEM and is it any good?

Mark
First of these devices aren't "chargers" but rather electrical vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) that provide a safe electrical supply from your fuse box to your car.

The charger - AC and DC - is built into the car and managed by the car (not the EVSE).

PMC+ (Porsche Mobile Charger Plus) is 100% normal and will provide 7.4kW on a dedicated 32A fused spur from your main fuse box. You can pay more and take the PMCC (Porsche Mobile Charger Connect) which offers up to 22kW (and a fancy touch screen) but if you don't have 3 phase supply at home or optioned the 22kW AC onboard charger for the car then there is no sense in spending money on cosmetics.

Both PMC+ and PMCC are shipped with 2 supply cables - a 3 Pin 13A plug (for dire emergencies) and an industrial 32A connector and cable. The cable from the EVSE to the car is the same for both and is also supplied.

Both units are IP55 rated (water jets and dust resistant) and can be installed indoors / outdoors on a fixed (dedicated 32A supply - you need this to get 7.4kW, perfect for home overnight charging). Ideally, you want to provide some shelter (my neighbour has his PMCC attached to his outside garage wall with no shelter and looks to be bearing up nicely) and if possible I'd recommend but technically not an imperative.

Porsche Taycan Dates Confirmed (ish) for Turbo S Cross Turismo 1642598794893

I have no experience of a HEM but there is a chap on the forum (UK based) if you search who has mastered this (I provided some schematics but that's about it) so you could reach out to him. I suspect you don't need to invest in a Porsche one either but sometimes it makes sense to keep within the one branded eco-system for compatibility.

Don't get me wrong the Andersen box is nice but from an economics pov it may be could be challenged. As it happens I had Andersen's install my PMCC and 32A fused supply and could not recommend them highly enough.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I got my charger installed using the OLEV grant the installer needed the car registration details. I had the charger installed first and provided the details within about a month. Something to bear in mind in case its the car reg they need.
Yes I know it’ll be a bit risky but there doesn’t seem to be an actual rule as to when the car has to be delivered.. They say it can be at order stage to be able to claim… I’ll try it and may be able to provide a VIN by June…
I'm holding off from placing the order with Andersen at the moment. I went back to them after I checked the solar integration because I couldn't see it worked with solar battery storage (not crucial but useful). They clarified it wouldn't work with solar battery.

I really like the design of the Andersen and the ability to hide the cables.

I need a separate unit at work so I'm likely to order one anyway. I'll let you know their response times when I do.

Mark
Hi Mark - it might be risky to hold if you’re trying to benefit from the grant… I‘ve read their Terms of sale and you have 7 days to cancel with 0 fee so I bought first and will think later!
I’ve also just realised that the price had gone up by £100 since Monday for an A2… Demand/supply…

And yes same as you I was convinced by 1) the invisible tethered cable / plug (all others look a bit like unsightly garden hoses or petrol pumps) 2) the choice of finishes to blend with your house 3) overall design & - it seems - build quality.

Couldn’t be less bothered by features etc. I just want a cable and will manage charging from the Taycan app I guess… And hope to pretty much never charge at home anyway.

A bit of opportunism with the grant to make the house more future proofed more than anything I guess!

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
FYI - I had mine installed by Andersen without any registration. They just wanted proof of a car on order. That was all I needed. All done very quickly. They exceeded all timescales as well, by weeks.
Ordered Car in July. Andersen in Oct. Car build date Mid Feb.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FYI - I had mine installed by Andersen without any registration. They just wanted proof of a car on order. That was all I needed. All done very quickly. They exceeded all timescales as well, by weeks.
Ordered Car in July. Andersen in Oct. Car build date Mid Feb.
Sounds promising! How long did it take them 1) to review your home survey application 2) deliver the hardware 3) come and install?
Appreciate things might have changed now demand is through the roof…

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Sounds promising! How long did it take them 1) to review your home survey application 2) deliver the hardware 3) come and install?
Appreciate things might have changed now demand is through the roof…
I just looked back. I enquired 25/9. Confirmed order 4/10 with all documents / Payment as requested. Review was within a week I am sure (I had a straight forward install). Unit arrived within a week. Install was booked for and installed on 25/10

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just looked back. I enquired 25/9. Confirmed order 4/10 with all documents / Payment as requested. Review was within a week I am sure (I had a straight forward install). Unit arrived within a week. Install was booked for and installed on 25/10
Thanks appreciate you checked it - 3 weeks from order to install is super quick, I hope they’re being overly conservative with their current 7 weeks estimate.
My install is dead easy as well and the whole electrical installation was overhauled just 8 years ago. Can’t see any issue to sort it all out before 31 Mar.

I’m still waiting for the TYD details… how long before your dealer gave you yours gents?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks appreciate you checked it - 3 weeks from order to install is super quick, I hope they’re being overly conservative with their current 7 weeks estimate.
My install is dead easy as well and the whole electrical installation was overhauled just 8 years ago. Can’t see any issue to sort it all out before 31 Mar.

I’m still waiting for the TYD details… how long before your dealer gave you yours gents?
TYD is only for US market I think - didn't exist when I ordered mine nor mentioned for my forward order
Sponsored