Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
TYD is only for US market I think - didn't exist when I ordered mine nor mentioned for my forward order
That’s interesting as I’m sure I’ve seen people here in the UK uploading screenshots of their trackers including Stage 2 being Silverstone experience… or is it just a basic MyPorsche tracker?
When I asked my dealer he said some of them had the system, some didn’t, which sounded weird to me as surely it’s not a dealership system but Porsche GmbH one
Sponsored

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Thanks appreciate you checked it - 3 weeks from order to install is super quick, I hope they’re being overly conservative with their current 7 weeks estimate.
My install is dead easy as well and the whole electrical installation was overhauled just 8 years ago. Can’t see any issue to sort it all out before 31 Mar.

I’m still waiting for the TYD details… how long before your dealer gave you yours gents?
as @W1NGE said. It’s only US… But my dealer said in July it’s being tested a few Dealers in U.K. only.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just spoke to my SA - he confirmed that TYD was working for current orders at their dealership and that it had just been rolled out UK-wide… Nothing is managed locally, it’s all coming from Porsche GB/GmbH

So just waiting on that (order went in the system on Monday so hopefully will get the ping next week)

OP
OP
4MBN

4MBN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5, TTSCT
Country flag
Just spoke to my SA - he confirmed that TYD was working for current orders at their dealership and that it had just been rolled out UK-wide… Nothing is managed locally, it’s all coming from Porsche GB/GmbH

So just waiting on that (order went in the system on Monday so hopefully will get the ping next week)
I have just asked my SA too, he's also confirmed it's being rolled out but it's currently hit and miss. He's had some customers who have had TYD and some who haven't.

He also said it’s managed from Porsche GB/GmbH and they have no control locally.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have just asked my SA too, he's also confirmed it's being rolled out but it's currently hit and miss. He's had some customers who have had TYD and some who haven't.

He also said it’s managed from Porsche GB/GmbH and they have no control locally.
At least we’re getting consistent messaging! But I’m a bit staggered by the fact that it results in some customers getting the service while others don’t. All cars are manufactured using the same production management system, so surely once it’s connected to TYD it should be covering 100%. Unless they’re still in testing phase!

SA said he’d ping me as soon as he’d have estimated slot / delivery date from PGB, I’ll see if I get a corresponding TYD link then…

The Volkswagen order tracker I had in 2020 worked well! Hopefully they’ve built it on that base
Sponsored