RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
When will Porsche start prioritizing existing customers to get them needed parts? 3 month old car with 2000 miles needs a brake module.

Anyone else in the same boat and been able to expedite repair?
Sponsored

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
In fairness people are taking delivery of brand new cars that are 6 months passed their original delivery date and have missing parts so you’re not necessarily being ignored.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
Same here car has been at dealer for about 60 days plus now for a new wiring harness. I’m still waiting!!

OP
OP
RehobothTaycan1

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
In fairness people are taking delivery of brand new cars that are 6 months passed their original delivery date and have missing parts so you’re not necessarily being ignored.
I’m making a monthly payment for a car I don’t have. Big difference

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Just a thought I had. Did you guys look into the lemon law? Might be worth a look to give notice to the dealer that you would be exploring/engaging legal counsel to pursue the car as a lemon and force the dealer to buy it back.

I realize you probably want to keep the car, but this might make them prioritize your situation (as well as Porsche Corporate) as they are not going to want to buy back your car and take a loss.

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
The lemon law claim will be against PCNA. The dealer has no stake in it either way except maybe accepting the vehicle on behalf of PCNA after the lemon law claim goes through.

I think after 30 days it would be helpful to talk to a lemon law lawyer to see if you have a case since each state has different laws.

OP
OP
RehobothTaycan1

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just a thought I had. Did you guys look into the lemon law? Might be worth a look to give notice to the dealer that you would be exploring/engaging legal counsel to pursue the car as a lemon and force the dealer to buy it back.

I realize you probably want to keep the car, but this might make them prioritize your situation (as well as Porsche Corporate) as they are not going to want to buy back your car and take a loss.
Thanks! Unfortunately, I’m familiar with lemon laws as I bought an Audi A7 (2019 I think - the new design) that had an engine and sunroof issue that ultimately Audi bought back. I gotta give credit - Audi was amazing to work with and gave me a full refund for the car, including the 8 or 9 payments I made which was a really nice surprise.

I believe lemon laws allow the dealer to replace the car with equal or greater value, which I would likely be fine with depending on options/colors.

I love the car and want to stick with Porsche, but it feels like existing customers are not being prioritized correctly. This is my third Porsche and I still have a lot of cars to buy in my future, so hope they think about that.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I just my car back from motor/trans replacement. 8 weeks total incl. diagnostic and waiting on parts.
Porsche Taycan Day 31 without my ‘21 Taycan…and no ETA drive unit

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
21 days in and still waiting for replacement of big battery…. Porsche are churning out new cars without looking after existing customers…

OP
OP
RehobothTaycan1

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Update - the new brake module arrived on Monday. The dealership quickly installed and then the service manager drove it home with him to make sure the issue was resolved.

I live just under 2 hours from the dealership, so they proactively offered to bring the car to me and pick up the loaner, which was great. The car arrived home yesterday (Thursday).

I’ve driven the car a few times and can happily report the issue seems resolved and the brakes feel normal again. The brake issues started right after the latest AMB5 recall update was made to the car. Not sure if the two are connected, but I wasn’t having any trouble with the brakes before that.