Day after purchasing Taycan 4S Electrical system error and bricked car in the middle of the highway.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It had LOTS! That’s the point …
My 2012 model S had more issues in its first year of ownership than my 2020 Taycan. However, in 2012, the Tesla service experience was absolutely exemplary. My Porsche dealer has been good, but Tesla was just simply outstanding. Fast forward to 2018, with tens of thousands of Model 3s also on the road and declining quality control in the factory, and the Tesla service experience had gone completely to shit. All that said though, in almost 8 years and 100,000 miles of ownership I did not have many problems. Most I did have were early and fixed while their service was still outstanding.
Sponsored

vaelin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 RS, G550, EQS580+
Country flag
My 2012 model S had more issues in its first year of ownership than my 2020 Taycan. However, in 2012, the Tesla service experience was absolutely exemplary. My Porsche dealer has been good, but Tesla was just simply outstanding. Fast forward to 2018, with tens of thousands of Model 3s also on the road and declining quality control in the factory, and the Tesla service experience had gone completely to shit. All that said though, in almost 8 years and 100,000 miles of ownership I did not have many problems. Most I did have were early and fixed while their service was still outstanding.
Same experience here: 2016 Model X, 719th to roll off the assembly line.. countless problems but Tesla fixed it all with just a few taps of the app. Most of the time they came out to our house and fixed it. Model 3 Performance, thankfully didn't have any fit/finish problems like others, but its like pulling teeth to get anything done with the 3. Oddly, the X still gets white glove treatment from Tesla service, even though it's well out of it's non-powertrain warranty.

I am still crossing my fingers I don't have any problems with my Turbo S, and I've already put over 4k miles on it. The service experience has been good; better than my Tesla Model 3 experience, not as good as my Model X experience.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
the early teslas all had the same major issues, one was with contacts which caused an immediate visit to the service center, they sent a flat bed from orlando, 125 miles away, and the second big issue was the drive units which almost every car had to have replaced, some multiple times.

I concur that in the beginning tesla service was impeccable but they also had less than 50k units on the road up until late '14, my '15 was 118xxx, so they had incredible growth that year.
nobody seems to remember the AP 2 debacle. or the 90kw battery scam.

the model X intro was far from smooth, many cars had many issues.

when their focus moved to the model tesla seems to have lost their way, customer service was outsourced, service centers were not expanded to meet the demand and the biggest issue was the QC of the build. they were so focused on delivering cars they were sending out severely flawed cars and depended on the service centers to correct the many build issues which many times did not happen.
people were refusing to take delivery because the paint and build quality was so flawed. on the service and QC fronts not much has changed. try to get a human at tesla on the phone.

like you for the most part after the first early model S the other two teslas I had ran very good, other than needing 12v batteries replaced and some trim reinstalled the cars ran flawlessly.

I am having unique issues with my taycan that are not being addressed properly, porsche customer care seems to be a black hole where problems are sent to languish.
service centers are holding cars way too long because of a lack of qualified techs, or they are awaiting instructions from germany which are slow to come, if they do come at all.
there are more than a handful of owners who are having serious problems, horror stories of weeks and months of the cars being off the road because their issues are unresolved. and a few have been lemon lawed.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It stays on the road …
Any little wet corner, and it flies off the road like a piece of soap on a wet sink.

By the way, have you ticked the box at the bottom of the order page section "vapor ware" "ejection seats" "Tick this box to have full ejection seats in case of fire. Software for this option is practically ready and will be rolled out as beta soon."

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I've owned a Model S for 4 years and in that time, I've had one issue regarding the trunk opening which was fixed by a mobile service visit. To get them to do the mobile service was a initially a PITA though but we got it done.

Having ordered my Taycan 4S a couple of weeks ago, I must admit that reading through the posts on this forum has me slightly nervous. It is going to cost me a good wedge more than my Model S so I would hope that I get great service and a reliable car. I am hopeful that, as you say, it is relatively few issues and just seems worse than reality because everything is posted on this forum.
There are only a hand full of people having problems. I now see almost more Taycans on the road than Model S.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
NHTSA reports over 40 Taycan 2020-21 owners have reported serious issues, most involving bricking.

For 2020- 2021 Tesla S, they have 25 total issues, all little stuff, none involving the electrical system or bricking. And of course there are an order of multitude more Teslas out there.
Because the S is a 10 year old park bench on wheels. If they still have issues, than clearly all hope is lost. Stop peddling your snake oil salesmen junk.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Maybe Tesla drivers and Taycan drivers can finally come together and watch their cars get flatbedded together. ?
At least with Porsche you get Hybrid-powered flat beds. Or maybe it's beer-powered...
Sponsored