Farinas

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Range Rover Velar, 17 Audi A6, 22 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Looking for some fun summer drives that people have taken in the Midwest. Long weekends, etc. I'm in the Chicagoland area and was looking to see if anyone has taken an EV friendly trip. I plan on taking a few and documenting. Want to go farther out and get more and more comfortable. Hope to hear from a few of you. Love my new car!
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
get the plugshare app and then pick places based on the availability of getting a charge for your return trip

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
A few weeks ago, I got roped into visiting my wife's college pals who are now living in Columbus, Ohio. Even worse, when we got to Columbus the ladies decided we would spend most of the weekend enjoying the great outdoors at a place called Hocking Hills, Ohio. I was not much into the idea of hiking around looking at nature, but my mind quickly changed as we approached the state park. Hocking Hills can only be accessed by two lane roads which are perfectly paved, contain tons of twisty turns, lots of hills, lush vegetation and have a posted speed limit of 55 MPH (and not a law enforcement officer to be found). A perfect recipe for the Taycan. I could have spent an entire week zipping around on these roads. About 15-20 miles from the state park (which by the way is pristine and quite spectacular in terms of hiking, cliffs, waterfalls, etc.) is a cute little town with a Chargepoint next to the County Courthouse. Your drive across Indiana would be a bit numbing but you would not regret the scenery and the "track" conditions once you arrived.

OP
OP
Farinas

Farinas

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Range Rover Velar, 17 Audi A6, 22 Taycan 4s
Country flag
That sounds like its right up my alley! Thanks. Indiana is exactly as you describe. What stinks is Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio are so close, but way more diverse in terrain. I was looking for some other Taycan owners that can give me the 411 on what routes excite them. Even Southern Indiana has some hills.
Sponsored