magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've seen here on the forum that some people recommend switching off "battery-friendly optimized charging" for faster DC charging. Has anyone tried this before? Is it actually faster? And to those who know anything about how it works, does it actually degrade the battery much faster? I probably use fast chargers 30 times a year...

Thanks in advance for any insight!!
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I've seen here on the forum that some people recommend switching off "battery-friendly optimized charging" for faster DC charging. Has anyone tried this before? Is it actually faster? And to those who know anything about how it works, does it actually degrade the battery much faster? I probably use fast chargers 30 times a year...

Yes someone has !

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/bjorn-reviews-the-taycan-fast-charging-options.11278/

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Fast charging is not good for the battery.

the safe battery option keeps charging power lower.

according to Björn Nylands test the total charging time from 10-80 is not much longer. Short chargers will be faster.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

30 times a year - don't sweat it.

Remember that you will rarely get anywhere near the max charge rate of a 350kW (270kW max) and if you do it will be for a brief period and quickly the rate will fall below the protection level and so becomes a moot point

8 year battery warranty so I'd suggest to use the car as you want.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
"Charging The Porsche Taycan From 0-100% With A “Battery Friendly” Decreased Power Level"-Video review

"In this video Kyle tries out a new optional charging profile in the Porsche Taycan that reduces the power level to not stress the battery as hard."
Sponsored