RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Gutted… 6 days into my first Porsche and EV woken at 6am to car alarm only to find a completely dead car no life at all access via manual key to open door. My dealer was fantastic as were Porsche assist, I now have a loaner Turbo S delivered to my home in place of my 4S CT. My car collected by dealership OPC and now in workshop Porsche assist /AA manage to open bonnet /hood and jump the 12v Lithium – hope for quick fix the Turbo S is outrageously fast but miss my CT already!

Porsche Taycan DEAD 12 V BATTERY 4S CT 5 DAYS OLD 300 MILES IMG_3429 (1)
Sponsored

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Hope it is fixed soon. I thought the 12v issues was resolved on new cars. Let us know what Porsche say.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hope you get it back soon. Your Taycan 4S will feel like a slug if you drive that Turbo S for too long ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Gutted… 6 days into my first Porsche and EV woken at 6am to car alarm only to find a completely dead car no life at all access via manual key to open door. My dealer was fantastic as were Porsche assist, I now have a loaner Turbo S delivered to my home in place of my 4S CT. My car collected by dealership OPC and now in workshop Porsche assist /AA manage to open bonnet /hood and jump the 12v Lithium – hope for quick fix the Turbo S is outrageously fast but miss my CT already!

IMG_3429 (1).jpeg
We need to know the root cause - this is shocking given what we've all been through the past 12+ months.

Deeply concerned.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag

IMG_3429 (1).jpeg
Sorry, this sucks. What was the production date for your CT?

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
The previous issue only happened while the car was plugged in to a L2 charger, right? @RichardPB was your car plugged in overnight?

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I had the same thing happen to me, even with the alarm going off. I only discovered it as I went outside to tell the neighbours to turn their bloody car off, only to discover it was mine.

When I say some thing, I mean except no loaner provided and had to spend 6 hours trying to get someone to come and collect it. Porsche Cambridge had to order a new 12V battery from Germany, I got the car back a week later and it’s never happened since.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/locked-out.3916/page-2#post-62282

OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, this sucks. What was the production date for your CT?
July built car
I had the same thing happen to me, even with the alarm going off. I only discovered it as I went outside to tell the neighbours to turn their bloody car off, only to discover it was mine.

When I say some thing, I mean except no loaner provided and had to spend 6 hours trying to get someone to come and collect it. Porsche Cambridge had to order a new 12V battery from Germany, I got the car back a week later and it’s never happened since.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/locked-out.3916/page-2#post-62282
Thanks for the heads up I will see what they find, perhaps some electric drain/ leak but I will suggest your solution as it worked that's a new 12v. I have a Porsche dash cam fitted by the dealer before delivery wonder if that's causing battery drain. Unlike the previous 12v issues my car was not being charged over night?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
There were various reasons given in the TSB issued including leaving car keys too close (flashing red).

Could be the addition of a dashcam that hasn't been installed correctly.

OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There were various reasons given in the TSB issued including leaving car keys too close (flashing red).

Could be the addition of a dashcam that hasn't been installed correctly.
Thanks is this TSB available to view please

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks is this TSB available to view please
Note that the issues mentioned have been addressed in various software updates (performed by the dealer on not OTA) so you shouldn't have to worry about the content.

Attachments

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
HI Richard, did you get the car fixed, was there a fault/cause identified?

OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
HI Richard, did you get the car fixed, was there a fault/cause identified?
Still making do with the Turbo S ?an amazing piece of kit. Good news on mine they have isolated the likely power drain as a faulty “chip” that’s searching for the key continuously? It’s needs replacing and fully testing before I get it back so probably another week
Sponsored