Dead Car

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Three weeks at the dealer and no word yet from Germany. Car failed while I was driving and we had it flat bedded to the dealer but dealer was still having issues with the car after the recall update. Usual stuff, will not fully charge, red dash warning, car gose into limp mode or just locks up. Im guessing the battery pack has a failed cell or two.... Have an ICE loaner which I wish was an EV but tick tock, tick tock Porsche you got 10 days to Lemon Law time here is sunny CA :) ... The way this car triggers its power warnings is crazy its just locks up instantly no coast or free roll just 60 to 0 in a few seconds scared the sh8t out of me. Ive had 7 different EV's and had issues with them all but non of them ever bricked that fast or instant they just failed and whimpered to a rolling stop.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Three weeks at the dealer and no word yet from Germany. Car failed while I was driving and we had it flat bedded to the dealer but dealer was still having issues with the car after the recall update. Usual stuff, will not fully charge, red dash warning, car gose into limp mode or just locks up. Im guessing the battery pack has a failed cell or two.... Have an ICE loaner which I wish was an EV but tick tock, tick tock Porsche you got 10 days to Lemon Law time here is sunny CA :) ... The way this car triggers its power warnings is crazy its just locks up instantly no coast or free roll just 60 to 0 in a few seconds scared the sh8t out of me. Ive had 7 different EV's and had issues with them all but non of them ever bricked that fast or instant they just failed and whimpered to a rolling stop.
I’m sorry to say you’ll most likely make the lemon deadline…just be clear on what you want to have happen - recommend a written letter/eMail noting the days out of service and your desire for it to be bought back.

also you’ll then need to decide what to do next.

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m sorry to say you’ll most likely make the lemon deadline…just be clear on what you want to have happen - recommend a written letter/eMail noting the days out of service and your desire for it to be bought back.

I am optimistic that they will get the car fixed and back to me however the lack of communication is a bit annoying.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
7 EVs and issues with all of them? Serious issues? That seems highly unusual.

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not unusual at all on first generation EVs and No not serious I never said serious just issues.. Like I said I did have power failure with two other ones first gen. eGlof & First gen. Etron but both cars just free wheeled rolled to a stop so I was able to coast to the hard shoulder ( unlike the Taycan which is my point in the post) the others had OS issues systems would crash or freeze up and then I had the usual Tesla fit and finish issue on the S

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I'm sure he has had issues with everything he has owned. I've been driving a Bolt for one year and to my dismay it has been perfect and I have been fussy about my cars for 53 years as a driver.

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm sure he has had issues with everything he has owned. I've been driving a Bolt for one year and to my dismay it has been perfect and I have been fussy about my cars for 53 years as a driver.
Whats with the put down Evpower? Did you even read my post or just the title triggered a post reply. I had a Fiat EV no issues, and a Hyundai EV No issue, in fact I've had 35 other cars all EV & ICE NO ISSUES. I am a BIG supporter of EVs have been for years. Lets do this when you get your 2022 Taycan and it launches you at 60 mph towards the windscreen 60 to 0 in 2 seconds why don't you come back here and tell us how great your car is because its perfect and your not fussy about your cars after owning and driving for 53 years I guess you know better

Last edited:

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Great news. Car is getting its high voltage battery replaced. Dealer already received the pack from Germany. Should be replaced and ready for pickup in a few days!

VOLT4GE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great news. Car is getting its high voltage battery replaced. Dealer already received the pack from Germany. Should be replaced and ready for pickup in a few days!
I think that’s a $40k+ repair, is it not?

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
this is my nightmare after I freeroll died on highway 1 cliff side.

high speed instabrick on the California freeway could kill everyone. Was it a regen like hard stop or a full lock up screeching tires stop

Last edited:

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
this is might nightmare after I freeroll died on highway 1 cliff side.

high speed instabrick on the California freeway could kill everyone. Was it a regen like hard stop or a full lock up screeching tires stop
Assuming his vehicle is a 2020, I thought they fixed the instabrick issue with the software updates?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Assuming his vehicle is a 2020, I thought they fixed the instabrick issue with the software updates?
The recall update fixed some software issue but there are more issues (both hardware and software) that can still lead to loss of automotive power. When that happens the wheels get locked and they do not free spin. I experienced a software issue like that AFTER the recall was performed but luckily I was on a parking lot so no accident.

I locked the car for 20 mins and restarted and problem was gone but so was mu patience and trust to the car.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/2020-taycan-4s-vs-2021-ford-mach-e-gt.7046/post-102050

Last edited:

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
The recall update fixed some software issue but there are more issues (both hardware and software) that can still lead to loss of automotive power. When that happens the wheels get locked and they do not free spin. I experienced a software issue like that AFTER the recall was performed but luckily I was on a parking lot so no accident.

I locked the car for 20 mins and restarted and problem was gone but so was mu patience and trust to the car.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/2020-taycan-4s-vs-2021-ford-mach-e-gt.7046/post-102050
I feel like I’m on a ticking clock waiting for this to happen next. It ruins the enjoyment of a great car.