Dealer Experience in Norway

Buckets265

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4
Country flag
What is everyone's experience with the Porsche dealers in Norway, from ordering, delivery, and service? We are expecting our CT4 soon, but have not received many updates on the status of the car during the process, aside from My Porsche sitting on the same stage for weeks. Just trying to see if this is normal or if dealers are usually more transparent about things. Thanks!
Sponsored

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
What do you want them to tell you? What an odd thing.

Porsche Center Bergen has been excellent. Great group of people.

OP
OP
Buckets265

Buckets265

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4
Country flag
What do you want them to tell you? What an odd thing.

Porsche Center Bergen has been excellent. Great group of people.
I know the dealers in the US can provide fairly decent updates of the entire process (ie: loaded on the ship, which ship, arrival at port, etc.). Not sure what is normal for here or not.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I don't know what people really expect from dealers nowadays. Other than you have an allocation, your car is being built, a delivery date and your car has been delivered (or some kind of delay) what else do you need to know?
Due to current supply chain situations, you should expect periods of no communication, as there's nothing to communicate.

OP
OP
Buckets265

Buckets265

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4
Country flag
I don't know what people really expect from dealers nowadays. Other than you have an allocation, your car is being built, a delivery date and your car has been delivered (or some kind of delay) what else do you need to know?
Due to current supply chain situations, you should expect periods of no communication, as there's nothing to communicate.
Fair enough, thanks for the response. I am just seeing what is normal or not before I bother the dealership if there is nothing they can do. This is my first new car purchase process, since I have exclusively bought used for the past decades.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Fair enough, thanks for the response. I am just seeing what is normal or not before I bother the dealership if there is nothing they can do. This is my first new car purchase process, since I have exclusively bought used for the past decades.
I'm in the same metaphorical boat. Buying new never used to make much sense, until recently!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
What is everyone's experience with the Porsche dealers in Norway, from ordering, delivery, and service? We are expecting our CT4 soon, but have not received many updates on the status of the car during the process, aside from My Porsche sitting on the same stage for weeks. Just trying to see if this is normal or if dealers are usually more transparent about things. Thanks!
The impression I get from this forum is that your experience is the norm globally for Porsche. Once production of a vehicle is scheduled, dealers have sight of planned and actual dates for various milestones, but they generally don't seem to pro-actively share that info. Even if there were no change to report, if I were responsible for customer care, I'd be updating people at least monthly, or better still, getting My Porsche enhanced so the customer can monitor the same production schedule as is visible to dealers.

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
I found the Stavanger dealership to be excellent. They would not necessarily give updates proactively but would reply to email within the hour (of which I sent quite a few) with the current V code in their system. I never got the sense that they grew tired of the constant pestering with tweaking to my build :rolleyes:. So far I've not had much need for servicing 🤞, although the few times I've had to come in a loaner has always been available.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
Much the same as others have reported, here. It took 6 weeks from I signed the contract to the car arrived. Guess I was lucky with the timing.

During the 6 weeks, Porsche Center Kristiansand kept me up to date proactively, whenever there were changes in the manufactoring and delivery process. Happy with the service I got.

Car has passed 12 000 km's now and there has been no need to visit the dealer. Green lights all over the place...
Sponsored