Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Disco 5, Defender V8
Country flag
Paid £121,000 for mine and they gave my 8 year old a choice of toy cars from the cabinet…. Good luck with your discount!
Sponsored

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
I collected a brand new Sprinter van recently after a 6 month wait (wait times are now around a year).

But getting discounts or freebies isn’t happening even with Mercedes - I even had to pay for the mats as these were always thrown in free in the past.

However I did get offered a free coffee on the day of collection.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
If it were me, I'd call all of the dealers in your area, and negotiate. What's the worst that's going to happen? If you don't ask, you're never going to get it. The first dealer I called, asked me why should he offer any discount when he didn't have anything to sell. I politely says thank you, and moved on to the next.
if you value your time, I really wouldn’t bother with the above!

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
A free bottle of water is pretty much what you'll get.

This past Sat my SA told me that there are Porsche buyers coming out of the woodwork. A few days earlier he sold a 2020 (maybe 2021 - I can't recall) with 3,000 miles for $15K above what it was valued at.

It doesn't hurt to ask as they may give you something to be nice.

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2022 F150 Lightning
Country flag
It just occurred to me while reading these posts that between all of my trips to the dealership from deposit through picking up the car last week that I didn't even get offered a coffee or Diet Coke!!

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
In the current auto market, I considered no ADM to be my discount 😂 During delivery we got surprised with 2 Porsche hats, 2 key rings and a car cover. Our SA was pretty awesome throughout the process.

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Paid £121,000 for mine and they gave my 8 year old a choice of toy cars from the cabinet…. Good luck with your discount!
To be honest my 7 year old (who will be almost 9 by the time the car comes) would probably be very happy with that..maybe I'll just aim for a toy :like:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
LOL a whole 30 minutes is going to kill ya...
Sounds like Porsche dealers are different in the US from here in GB. Over here, the expression "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results" springs to mind. If there is any active competition between our dealerships it's more around prioritising build slots, and from that point of view I do think it worthwhile phoning around (not that they will make their prioritisation explicit, just that one might be available sooner than elsewhere) but having done that myself I decided to stick with my local dealership as they were a known quantity to me and it would make for an easier aftersales experience (especially important IF there are issues with the vehicle).

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Yes was at my dealer this weekend getting my Taycan services (ripped mudflap) and although that was easy the ask if any allocations avail again for maybe even a CT4S let alone an ST or GTS was met with just "sorry man nothing is available and we're not expected to get anything Q3 or Q4 either." They expressed that Porsche is locked up tight in the US for new cars especially Taycans and 992s...wait of 12 mos easy is the norm and the list of orders or want to orders has made it effectively 12-24 mos to get a car unless its a Macan or Cayenne. Only 2022 in the showroom floor was a 2022 Panamera Platinum...

So yeah IF you can get a car allocation good luck getting one in 2022 and at MSRP...that may be a better chance but not by much. It is just the new nature of the game..recession even he said Porsche still won't have tons of cars expected on the lots even if the US and global economy slides.

Pag

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Country flag
It just occurred to me while reading these posts that between all of my trips to the dealership from deposit through picking up the car last week that I didn't even get offered a coffee or Diet Coke!!
I got a cuppa (being English), but they made me take the teabag out myself !! So even the freebie was DIY 😂

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sounds like Porsche dealers are different in the US from here in GB. Over here, the expression "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results" springs to mind. If there is any active competition between our dealerships it's more around prioritising build slots, and from that point of view I do think it worthwhile phoning around (not that they will make their prioritisation explicit, just that one might be available sooner than elsewhere) but having done that myself I decided to stick with my local dealership as they were a known quantity to me and it would make for an easier aftersales experience (especially important IF there are issues with the vehicle).
I can't speak for the US, or even TX but I can't imagine it'd be any different than the dealers around my area. When I ordered my first Porsche, a 991 911, in 2011 I was under the impression that I couldn't get much off of it since it was a custom order and a brand new generation, and not something off the lot. Just by chance, I was near another dealer, and so I popped in and got the exact same build/delivery date with a bigger discount. When I went back to the original dealer to cancel my order, he gave me an even bigger discount to keep my order. Fast forward to either late 2019/early 2020 when I ordered the 4S before it was officially launched. They happened to have a TTS demo out front, and after the test drive I couldn't sign the paper fast enough. This time, it's a little more planned, so I went back to calling the dealers. I started off with the farthest dealer, and worked my way to the closest because that's where I want to place my order. All 3 told me they had a single turbo build slot, and it's Jan/Feb build, and Mar/Apr delivery. The only thing different was the price, and the one that was most willing to work with me the most got my business. It would have thought something more rare like a 911 GT3 to have prioritization based on how much you pay, but I don't think it applies to a Taycan.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Right before I went to pick up my car I asked the manager about buying all weather mats from them, and the dealer threw them in for me (which was appreciated). I also got a couple of Porsche key chains. I paid MSRP and was happy to do so when that wasn't an option everywhere. The little things are nice.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
FWIW I'm looking at a RWD but can't decide on a colour, 20" wheels, 4+1 seats, performance batt plus, air suspension, privacy glass, pano roof and grey windscreen top, side airbags in rear and bose.
Color: personal
Wheels: 20" turbo - YES
Seat: no to 4+1
Batt: bigger for sure
Susp: air 100%
Roof: pano for sure
Bose: 100% yes (base audio terrible)

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Sadly the 4+1 is a must - I take my parents places often so there will be 5 of us
Sponsored