Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
First post, off to the dealer on Friday to test drive and place order (Q3 2023 delivery apparently, going armed with my 5k deposit to get in the queue).

I'm used to being able to get a few bits thrown in while doing the deal with other manufacturers (services, paint protection, matts, usually a bit off the list price) but didn't know if that's possible with Porsche, particularly when they're ordering cars on such a long lead time. Has anyone managed to get anything thrown in to the deal or do anything on price, or is what shown online the price, end of?

FWIW I'm looking at a RWD but can't decide on a colour, 20" wheels, 4+1 seats, performance batt plus, air suspension, privacy glass, pano roof and grey windscreen top, side airbags in rear and bose.
Sponsored

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It depends on your relationship with the dealer. It was my third purchase from the same dealer, so I got a discount, and some freebies. But, that's also as of last October and things are different now.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
First post, off to the dealer on Friday to test drive and place order (Q3 2023 delivery apparently, going armed with my 5k deposit to get in the queue).

I'm used to being able to get a few bits thrown in while doing the deal with other manufacturers (services, paint protection, matts, usually a bit off the list price) but didn't know if that's possible with Porsche, particularly when they're ordering cars on such a long lead time. Has anyone managed to get anything thrown in to the deal or do anything on price, or is what shown online the price, end of?

FWIW I'm looking at a RWD but can't decide on a colour, 20" wheels, 4+1 seats, performance batt plus, air suspension, privacy glass, pano roof and grey windscreen top, side airbags in rear and bose.
you must not be up on the current state of affairs across the auto industry.

in short they hold all the cards as the industry is going through a massive transition. the current supply change issues is the excuse that is being used for their changing they way the industry operates.

the dealerships are in a far stronger position now and you can expect few if any incentives you may have received in the past.
you'd be hard pressed to find a dealership that will even sell a car at MSRP

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I was offered 2% off MSRP and a $50 gift from the Porsche store, which ended up being a Porsche baseball cap (note this was before the severe industry shortages). You'll also get a Taycan pen which is pretty worthless because it won't fit in the pen holder within the glovebox.

If you want bling, you just need to ask for it. Don't count on them to offer it.

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I was thinking of asking them to chuck in the coloured wheel centres, not really
much more but sounds like it could be an uphill battle.

the fact I’m paying in full in cash presumably won’t matter either

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've had the impression that discounts are/were rare for Porsche GB. More typical would be a few hundred pounds worth of accessories. But with supply outstripping demand, there's little incentive for them to even do that at the moment (that's not to say it doesn't happen). I think that the harder one tries to drive a bargain, the more chance of slipping down the "queue" for a build slot (they are under no obligation to fulfill orders in the sequence they take them).

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag

in the UK, and with the current supply-demand imbalance and resulting lead times, you may get something thrown in on collection - e.g. key ring, boot liner etc. very unlikely to be anything more.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I got 2 key rings, that is all. Both times I bought a car. So I wouldn’t expect much. Although some have got all weather mats or an umbrella. I am not sure it is worth asking or risking being told to dream on!

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
All weather mats and boot liner when I placed my order about 10 days ago. 🙈 Things will change next year when interest rates head north.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
You'll get a complementary coffee or glass of water.

I wouldn't even bother asking in the current climate.

Even an ID3 is in such short supply, you can only buy the base model. MG electric cars are in such demand, they've closed their order books.

This is Porsche.

Now imagine the most vacant, haunting, hellish stare you have ever received that lasts a good five minutes sat in awkward silence.

... That's your dealer when you ask him to chuck in X and Y "free" for the honour of your deposit.

The world flipped 180 two years ago. In this warped twilight we are living, Porsche doesn't need your order, but you need their Taycan.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Very little negotiation to be had with the current market. IMO the best you can hope for is negotiation around refundability of deposit, or a commitment on discounted spend through the parts department. Rather than ‘throw in a set of floor mats’ shoot for ‘25% off a winter wheel set’.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If it were me, I'd call all of the dealers in your area, and negotiate. What's the worst that's going to happen? If you don't ask, you're never going to get it. The first dealer I called, asked me why should he offer any discount when he didn't have anything to sell. I politely says thank you, and moved on to the next.
Sponsored