Dealer Goodies at delivery?

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Greetings all,

As it is another slow and dreary day looking at the apathetic progress of my vehicle's journey from Zuffenhausen to Baltimore, I had a brief chat with my SA about some goodies/complimentary services to expect at the dealer level when it's time for delivery. What have you all's experiences been with the dealer "sweetening the pot", if you will?
Sponsored

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Greetings all,

As it is another slow and dreary day looking at the apathetic progress of my vehicle's journey from Zuffenhausen to Baltimore, I had a brief chat with my SA about some goodies/complimentary services to expect at the dealer level when it's time for delivery. What have you all's experiences been with the dealer "sweetening the pot", if you will?
I got nothing - but at least the car came with floor mats from the factory. (I've had to pay extra in the past for them and, for some reason, that really pissed me off!). Hope you do better than I did !

OP
OP
Atipical

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
My goodness...it's pretty barren out there.

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
A scarf for my wife, a grocery bag and the pick of any chocolate at the experience center. 😐

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
I got a Porsche pen a month or so after from Porsche CPO program.. the kids and I joke it is an amazingly expensive free pen.
But the dealer has been great at every chance they had to help they have so far.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
A piece of coal which arrived in the post, an iPhone charging cable and some sort of zip up box thing that has no discernible use!

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I got winter mats and truck liner as well as three Porsche ball caps (white, red and black) as well as a really nice Porsche coffee travel mug and a nice Porsche pen and two Porsche key fob holders. Then a month or so later I got another pen this time Taycan branded and another black ball cap.
All this and I did not have to ask! Not to bad!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Greetings all,

Nada

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got a set of leather key pouches, rubber floor mats, trunk liner, a few mugs, an umbrella, travel mug and a Porsche foldable tray thing. Apparently standard package for all new owners at Porsche Vancouver.

Ipercool

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS ST - 22 BMW i3S - 18 MINI Countryman
Country flag
When I picked up the Cayenne turbo, they gave me two Porsche sweaters and an ornament with the crest as a gift.

It seems that I have been very lucky... 🤣

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Nothing. Unless you count 2 key rings. My wife asked how many cars you have to buy for a free umbrella - the SE said he would see what he could do - I am not holding out much hope though.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
I received nothing but an "atta boy" from my dealership after 2 911's and a Taycan since 2014.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Initially I got a porsche cap, coffee mug. My wife wasnt happy with the goodies. She asked SA to give a porsche design jacket from the experience store and somehow she managed to get it for free.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I was offered a choice between a "dream car" scented candle, or a mug.

I went for the candle and the wife liked it so I guess I chose well.

I've heard that you never want to be offered a hat at a car dealership!

Maybe this applies more to mainstream cars than Porsche, but what I heard is if a salesman really managed to screw you over he will gift you a hat and parade you around so all his buddies know he hosed you!
Sponsored