Dealer is ready to submit my build, if you've received your Taycan, what do you think?

well_shi

First Name
Mmmm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
I placed my deposit to reserve a spot 1.5 years ago. A couple of weeks ago the dealer had a Taycan Turbo I got to test drive. I liked it alot. And they've now called my number and are ready for me to sign the purchase agreement, complete the deposit, and they'll submit my build. I would be getting a 4S. I've completed the build for the car I want. I'm both excited and scared by the purchase.. The Taycan is completely new type of car. I have this nagging question would it be less risky (from a personal satisfaction point of view) to take that $130K and get a 911- which is known, established, and is a sure thing.

If you're taken delivery of your Taycan, any words of advice to alleviate (or validate?) my concern?

Also, I really like the Frozen Blue color, but haven't seen it in person. If you've seen it in person, what was your opinion?
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well I think it will be hard to answer your question about Taycan vs 911, they are two completely different things. I am not a "Porsche" 911 buyer, but bought the Taycan immediately. On the other hand a true 911 person may not want the Taycan.

So ask yourself what about the Taycan excites you and can that same thing happen with a 911? Because in a lot of ways the 911 is a "safer" bet. But its exactly that, a known quantity. Taycan is a brand new world, specially if you have not had an EV before. Are you looking for new or known?

And as frozen blue, that was my first color, but my fear is it would go to "baby blue" in bright light. And from that color on other cars it does do that.

mikerheywood

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayman 718 2013, Mercedes AMG E53 2019
Country flag

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I placed my deposit to reserve a spot 1.5 years ago. A couple of weeks ago the dealer had a Taycan Turbo I got to test drive. I liked it alot. And they've now called my number and are ready for me to sign the purchase agreement, complete the deposit, and they'll submit my build. I would be getting a 4S. I've completed the build for the car I want. I'm both excited and scared by the purchase.. The Taycan is completely new type of car. I have this nagging question would it be less risky (from a personal satisfaction point of view) to take that $130K and get a 911- which is known, established, and is a sure thing.

If you're taken delivery of your Taycan, any words of advice to alleviate (or validate?) my concern?

Also, I really like the Frozen Blue color, but haven't seen it in person. If you've seen it in person, what was your opinion?
This blue one I drove at Hockenheim looked spectacular. I did not order my Taycan in blue, because it is just not my color.

A 911 for me is a toy (not a 4 seater, cannot fit a golf bag) from the old times (stinker). Answering your question is hard because it depends on your requirements. I purchased a Tesla because of the acceleration but after 4 years, I am desperate to leave the quality and handling desert behind me. Will the Taycan be perfect? Who knows, time will tell. But it is a Porsche and that should count for quite a bit.

I have to admit, that I have never driven a 911, but I drove the Taycan. Personal satisfaction guaranteed!

What do you mean by "sure thing"?

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
This blue one I drove at Hockenheim looked spectacular. I did not order my Taycan in blue, because it is just not my color.

A 911 for me is a toy (not a 4 seater, cannot fit a golf bag) from the old times (stinker). Answering your question is hard because it depends on your requirements. I purchased a Tesla because of the acceleration but after 4 years, I am desperate to leave the quality and handling desert behind me. Will the Taycan be perfect? Who knows, time will tell. But it is a Porsche and that should count for quite a bit.

I have to admit, that I have never driven a 911, but I drove the Taycan. Personal satisfaction guaranteed!

What do you mean by "sure thing"?
I can explain to what a “sure thing” is, meet me at the horse track, bring the rent money and I’ll demonstrate the concept of sure thing.
Sponsored