B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Yes - full build and commission number signed by both parties. Your explanation would make sense. The sales person I dealt with seem to be out on maternity leave, so they are trying to figure out what happened.

Agree, not going take delivery of the car as built now but just getting my deposit back won’t really be a great consolation.
If you have signed build, there’s no way that Porsche made a mistake. IMO, your car has been sold to some other customer (maternity leave is great source for a such mess).
Sponsored

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Ordered my Taycan MY23 in September (was lucky to get an allocation just a week before freeze date) with expected delivery in December. Car has now completed production, which is great. Only issue is that it is not the car I ordered - different color and while I focused my options on performance (bigger battery, PTV, RWS, etc.), the options on the car built are mainly cosmetic.

Spoke with someone at the dealer and they acknowledged that they had my contract but that nevertheless the wrong specs were showing up for them as well. They said they would look into it and get back to me, but I don’t have high hopes.

Anyone experienced something similar?
If so, what did the dealer offer as an alternative?

This has probably already cost me $7.5k in now likely missing out on the tax credit -oh well.
My order included massage seats but the SA had to re-do the order and forgot to add it. I just decided to find comfort the car would cost a tiny bit less….

OP
OP

Balder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Not to be a smartass, but you're welcome to not take the credit if you have strong public policy feelings about it.

I agree we've gotten to the point where it maybe makes sense to phase it out, but a big part of why you can even buy a Taycan now is because the government has been subsidizing $80k-$100k Teslas for a while now. Don't feel bad taking it.
Don’t feel strongly about it at all - as I said above, would have happily taken it if available. Just difficult to be too upset it was taken away since felt a bit too good to begin with.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I have the same concern approaching the freeze dat on 22 dec so i will also ask for a print out from the Porsche order system signed then emailed to me for me to sign. My motto is don't trust any dealer to get it right.

I"ve already had screen shots emailed to me of my config from the Porsche Order system and checked this against my spec, but the signed copy is a great idea.

For you I agree don't take delivery and get some compensation from the dealer and a priority on their next allocation. You may then get a better spec'd car in the long run.
Why not just make sure the build is correct on the TYD site? If you already have a contract and the dealer entered your name on it, you can link the commission to your Porsche account and see the order there.

Personally, I made sure I can track the commission on Porsche site there before the original freeze date (it's frozen twice so far, then thawed twice, another freeze date coming up :rolleyes: worth noting that I only ever provided one build code, never made ANY changes). I also double check that the build hasn't changed every time I log in to check for new dates - just in case.

Last edited:

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Why not just make sure the build is correct on the TYD site? If you already have a contract and the dealer entered your name on it, you can link the commission to your Porsche account and see the order there.

Personally, I made sure I can track the commission on Porsche site there before the original freeze date (it's frozen twice so far, then thawed twice, another freeze date coming up :rolleyes: worth noting that I only ever provided one build code, never made ANY changes). I also double check that the build hasn't changed every time I log in to check for new dates - just in case.
What's the TYD site. This might be USA only. I'm in France. All the tracking I can do is on the App

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
What's the TYD site. This might be USA only. I'm in France. All the tracking I can do is on the App
I am in the US, I am not sure if this is available outside of the US, but the webpage is:
https://trackyourdream.porsche.com/
Standard porsche.com credentials (your username and password) are used there. The commission must be linked to the account or else it just shows errors.

PS> Even the app on the phone just takes me to the above webpage (no detailed tracking natively available in the app, only the 4 stages indicator).

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I am in the US, I am not sure if this is available outside of the US, but the webpage is:
https://trackyourdream.porsche.com/
Standard porsche.com credentials (your username and password) are used there. The commission must be linked to the account or else it just shows errors.

PS> Even the app on the phone just takes me to the above webpage (no detailed tracking natively available in the app, only the 4 stages indicator).
Just says service unavailable for me.

OP
OP

Balder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
As an update - general manager of the dealer gave me a Feb 2023 GTS allocation at a couple of thousands below MSRP. As annoying as it was to learn my original order was incorrect, the dealership handled the whole process super professionally. Now off to the configurator.
Sponsored