Dealer playing games and giving away build slots?

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
I have an order for a taycan sport turismo placed through a dealer I wont mention right now. I have been waiting nearly a year and am quite excited to get the car. Recently, I got an approved configuration and build slot, for which I took advantage and paid my deposit. This took some time to get, I get it! I have been very patient with the process. I like the car and am very excited to get everything exactly how I wanted it.

So this was a few months ago we finalized this slot. However, the dealer has now called me to tell me that the order build date is delayed and that my Brand Ambassador left the dealership. I understand that can happen. However, this doesn't align with what I am seeing on the order status. I have my confirmed order in the 'Track Your Dream' app and I can see that from corporate's perspective, the slot I was given still exists with the same dates, but the configuration has been completely changed to a different specification.

From my perspective it really looks like the dealer has decided to give my slot to someone else and are kicking me down the line. Anyone seen this? I dont feel the dealer is being fully honest with me. This is really killing my desire for the car as I originally put down the initial deposit for this car in January 2022.
Sponsored

GTSCarLife

First Name
GTS Car Life
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 997 GTS, 85.5 944, 16 Cayenne S, 23Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
You hit the nail on the head. Sounds like that is exactly what happened. Meet in person with the General Manager ASAP and if you don’t get the response you deserve, utilize every online review you can think of. I was a GM and spent 20 years in the business. Public reviews are the only thing dealers care about and the only practical option you have.

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
I had an allocation from my local dealer. The build was delayed multiple times secondary to supply chain issues.

I took it upon myself to locate a similar build that was available out of state. Point being - I had access to the build specification on My Porsche after I forfeited the allocation. I still had access when the build was changed by the next in line

Unfortunately, your dealer my be participating in some unethical practices.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blame.latitude

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
Thanks everyone, I have reached out to my new BA and porsche corporate as well. The GM of the local dealership is an interesting option as well, I will likely put in a call tomorrow.

I am willing to wait in line but I am not willing to play games. I am much too old to feel like I'm sitting outside a nightclub and when I finally get in, I find the place is empty. Which is what these guys appear to be doing. Everytime I talk to them they ask me for more money.

GTSCarLife

First Name
GTS Car Life
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 997 GTS, 85.5 944, 16 Cayenne S, 23Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks everyone, I have reached out to my new BA and porsche corporate as well. The GM of the local dealership is an interesting option as well, I will likely put in a call tomorrow.

I am willing to wait in line but I am not willing to play games. I am much too old to feel like I'm sitting outside a nightclub and when I finally get in, I find the place is empty. Which is what these guys appear to be doing. Everytime I talk to them they ask me for more money.
PCNA can’t and won’t do anything. Dealers are independently owned and operated businesses, protected by decades old franchise laws. Meet with the GM

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hope you get the allocation back. Sounds like a questionable salesperson or even-worse, the GM, that you likely do not want a long term relationship with though.'

Good luck!

gt3dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 GT3, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Move on, another shady move by your dealer. Unbelievable how dealers are treating customers. I dont want to jump to a conclusion however things dont sound right.

OP
OP
blame.latitude

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
So I had conversations with the general manager and the new car sales manager yesterday. They were very apologetic and 'dont know how this happened.' The order I see in my track your dream is one they were aware of. It's for another guy who was a few months ahead of me in the queue. He had a build date from a few months back that kept getting moved. They maintain this was an error by porsche corporate and nothing they did.

so, I'm still in the line, it's going to take even longer than before but that's been the whole story of this car.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I smell a rat still and don’t buy this.

How has your build config changed in your TYD ? Porsche allocated you a slot and were emailing you not the other customer. Only way would be if Porsche emailed you and said updates went to the wrong account and it suddenly reverted back.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I smell a rat still and don’t buy this.

How has your build config changed in your TYD ? Porsche allocated you a slot and were emailing you not the other customer. Only way would be if Porsche emailed you and said updates went to the wrong account and it suddenly reverted back.
You can also ring pcna and check what email is on file for the commission number.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Definitely involved PCNA. Yes dealerships are independent but they rely on PCNA for allocations.

Even if they can't do anything about this particular case, it's still important to notify corporate so this behaviour can be tracked and if persistent they will be penalized.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Isn’t it misuse of your personal information to use your email address linked to the ID in the least ?
Sponsored