4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
He probably won’t even remember you and frankly wouldn’t care, he will have just sold the slot to someone else!
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Bought mine from Princeton Porsche NJ and have it serviced at Tampa Porsche, no problems & am treated very well! Not to worry.

User name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT
Country flag
I guess my concern is eventually I’m going to need to get a new Porsche. Given that availability can sometimes be a little scarce (eg right now), I feel like it would’ve been better to have this guy in my corner so he could let me know if new inventory, events, etc. I know service is a totally different thing and that’s not really what I’m talking about here. I know I’m overthinking it, though 😂
You are stressing too much over nothing in my opinion. If, and when you will want to buy another Porsche deal with him then, or better yet chose another sells person to talk too. I guess what I am trying to say is, don't worry about the guy, he probably forgot your name already. In 20 years of owning cars, I can honestly say that I have never meet the sales guys while my cars were in service.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I can honestly say that I have never meet the sales guys while my cars were in service.
Hmm. I see my sales guy probably half the time I’m in for service. Including just last week. He saw me standing (waiting) and walked over to talk to me.

Different experiences I guess.

OP
OP
Riche77

Riche77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the responses, guys! That was actually really helpful. I basically think I’m going to do the more or less human thing which is to say “I’m sorry I didn’t get the car from you, but I got it and I’m sure I will be back in the more for the future. Warmest regards”

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks for the responses, guys! That was actually really helpful. I basically think I’m going to do the more or less human thing which is to say “I’m sorry I didn’t get the car from you, but I got it and I’m sure I will be back in the more for the future. Warmest regards”
the salesman should be apologizing to you for not being able to deliver the car that you wanted to buy.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure how it works in the US but why didn’t your sales guy just search other dealerships for available cars matching your spec, happens here all the time. You would then have had the car you wanted and it would have come via your local dealer.

on this basis it is he that has let you down for not being proactive

OP
OP
Riche77

Riche77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Not sure how it works in the US but why didn’t your sales guy just search other dealerships for available cars matching your spec, happens here all the time. You would then have had the car you wanted and it would have come via your local dealer.

on this basis it is he that has let you down for not being proactive
It’s funny because I asked him about that. He said that they don’t usually do it for other Porsche dealerships because they have to pay them the full cost for the car and then charge me a markup so they can get their cut. I personally think it’s ridiculous and would’ve saved me a lot of trouble! Maybe it’s because they work as franchises here and they don’t over there? regardless, I got my car so I’m not too upset about it anymore lol

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Service is bread and butter for all dealers. Even warranty repair is good for them.
Sponsored