RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I just took in my car for ANA6 recall update. It took about a month to get the appointment ..but they did give me a loaner. Much to my surprise my Service Advisor told me that they might keep it as much as 2 weeks!.(altho it might take less)..why? because, he said, they are doing them in sequence but the sequence can be accelerated if some of them crash during the update (common apparently). That crash causes them to move onto other cars.......hell of a way to run an airline - but, then again, I have a loaner (a Macan - which, btw, feels pretty primitive after having driven my Taycan for 8000 miles)...news at 11
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Wow! My dealer did it in a day, they did want me to take a loaner because there was concern it could take a couple of days because of the concerns you mention above.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I'd find another dealer. Mine took 2 days and I was frustrated by even that.
Ask other locals on the forum who they used.

It's frankly absurd for a software update to take this long, but at least we will (hopefully) get OTA updates after this.

Reactions: B61

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I have a loaner (a Macan - which, btw, feels pretty primitive after having driven my Taycan for 8000 miles)...
I’ve had a Macan loaner for a couple of weeks now and it sucks in comparison to the Taycan. Can’t wait to get my car back and get rid of this Macan. Even my wife, who is not into cars, was like “I can’t believe Porsche put their name on this POS.” To be fair, it’s a base Macan, but still…

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CrossTurismo Turbo
Country flag
Mine was an estimate of one possibly two days which transformed into 4. Advisor kept pushing the estimate daily which did not hep....I also got a Macan S as a loaner and was not impressed either.

That being said, I am happy with the upgrade. Range and Android Auto are the biggest improvements for me. The system also seems more reliable.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I'd find another dealer. Mine took 2 days and I was frustrated by even that.
Ask other locals on the forum who they used.

It's frankly absurd for a software update to take this long, but at least we will (hopefully) get OTA updates after this.
That;s really absurd…having in mind that the whole car is made in 7-8 days, from the scratch.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I just took in my car for ANA6 recall update. It took about a month to get the appointment ..but they did give me a loaner. Much to my surprise my Service Advisor told me that they might keep it as much as 2 weeks!.(altho it might take less)..why? because, he said, they are doing them in sequence but the sequence can be accelerated if some of them crash during the update (common apparently). That crash causes them to move onto other cars.......hell of a way to run an airline - but, then again, I have a loaner (a Macan - which, btw, feels pretty primitive after having driven my Taycan for 8000 miles)...news at 11
My view is that although it shouldn’t take 2 weeks, I applaud the SA for giving you the worst case scenario and putting you up with a loaner. It’s really the best they can do…which is all we can ask. They are all clearly still learning the concept of software updates as a service. Giving them your car and then having it constantly delayed by a few extra days would be even more annoying.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Unacceptable. Mine was in this week and took about 6 hours. Tell them it won't work.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Mine was in for a week. They gave me a Macan loaner - life wasn't too bad.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Took my car to dealer, told me up to 10 days to do plus the seat wiring issue
my service advisor told me they are doing 40 cars a week and it did take me over a month to get appointment. To my surprise they finished the work in 2 days. One new issue. Last nite i charged my car ( direct charge) did it starting at 9 pm this morning noticed it only charged to 96%. No issues or alerts on connect. So no clue if i have a charging issue after update or is the hot temp in california has something to do with batter charging

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020; Panamera GTS; 911
Country flag
My update took two days, but I had an issue with the Porsche Connect module that would not come back up after the update. The module was replaced. The time you were quoted seems obviously long, but the variation in the update is difficult to understand.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
I’ve had a Macan loaner for a couple of weeks now and it sucks in comparison to the Taycan. Can’t wait to get my car back and get rid of this Macan. Even my wife, who is not into cars, was like “I can’t believe Porsche put their name on this POS.” To be fair, it’s a base Macan, but still…
As a former Macan Turbo owner and current base Macan loaner car sufferer, I assure you they're completely different vehicles. The Turbo was loads of fun - nearly twice as much power as the base Macan, lowered air suspension, bigger wheels, etc. They should've kept the base Macan China-only. Tarnishes the brand to sell it here.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
As a former Macan Turbo owner and current base Macan loaner car sufferer, I assure you they're completely different vehicles. The Turbo was loads of fun - nearly twice as much power as the base Macan, lowered air suspension, bigger wheels, etc. They should've kept the base Macan China-only. Tarnishes the brand to sell it here.
I’m sure it was great. I don’t have anything against Macans in general but this base model is just no good and I can’t wait to stop driving it.

Deleted member 6348

If Porsche didn’t have issues with their servers on the day I was scheduled to be updated, I would have been done in a day.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
my dealer gave me the car back because they were not able to do the software update in one day.

even if i had no knowledge of porsche's systems i can say that a software update package that takes over a day to install is not only an abysmal customer experience, it's poor engineering. full stop.

the reason i say this is because i do know that they have to download the update from a central server for every single car. customized and VIN keyed. no caching locally in case the exact same packages are needed, no partial recovery if it fails except to start from the beginning (in the words of my own tech), and a dedicated PWIS tester for each car and techs monitoring it.

what the actual fuck is on their minds?
Sponsored