Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
So far I a haven't even had a slap on the a$$.

Extremely disappointed.

I no longer feel special or wanted.
Oh for the days of decent discounts! At least the residual value of our existing rides are much higher than anticipated.

I managed to squeeze the mats and bootliner out of my OPC lol
Sponsored

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
What are others getting by way of incentives with new orders, particularly in the uk? With the long wait lists I haven't found any discounts just a few freebies, all weather mats, boot liner etc.
I squeezed them for ceramic paint protection....was hard work but had to feel like I got something!

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
FWIW my sales chap said the most common enquiry for second hand is the roof. Worth the £500 off as will add £1000 to resale at least.
I didn’t want it as I like the roof shape like you but I got it to fit roof bars.
I have grown to love it. Inside is much more airy. Black roof goes with all the other black details for maximum contrast on my Crayon GTS. Lovely.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I squeezed them for ceramic paint protection....was hard work but had to feel like I got something!
Yes it's petty cash but I enjoyed the win. My SA tried to get me to swap the mats/liner for paint protection (unspecified what) as clearly that just involves a tiny bit of labour for a poor job so I politely declined and stuck with the goods. I'll get the ceramic done properly after delivery

Last edited:

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
All personal preference of course but with the ST I think only black can pull it off:

Porsche Taycan Dealer wants to contribute £500 to spec the sunroof Screenshot 2022-06-09 154828

Where as other colours such as my chosen mamba green, the spoiler ruins it for me.

Porsche Taycan Dealer wants to contribute £500 to spec the sunroof Screenshot 2022-06-09 154853

Last edited:

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
"No thank you, I ordered it the way I want it."

One more disincentive for them to sell it out from under you.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Love the sunroof...FREE MONEY and more headroom.

Take it!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I've sent the final spec for my ST to the dealership (PP511DP1) as he said it's about to lock and I'm at phase 2.

We didn't spec the sunroof as we prefer the aesthetics of the solid flow of colour.

The dealer wrote back to me saying that the sunroof is really, really important for resale value and If they covered £500 of it would we be able to go for it?

I just wondered why they are so concerned about the resale value to the extent they want to contribute £500?
Very odd. Offering a discount rather than offering firm advice doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'd phone the sales guy (or better go into the dealership) and ask him outright. It's harder to bullsh1t on a telephone call/face to face than it is on an email, and see if he squirms when you ask him about other buyers or the reason for their altruism...

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
We didn't spec the sunroof as we prefer the aesthetics of the solid flow of colour.
If you don’t like/want it, then don;t pay 637£ for something that you don’t want/like.
as simple as that.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I've sent the final spec for my ST to the dealership (PP511DP1) as he said it's about to lock and I'm at phase 2.

The dealer wrote back to me saying that the sunroof is really, really important for resale value and If they covered £500 of it would we be able to go for it?

I just wondered why they are so concerned about the resale value to the extent they want to contribute £500?
Don't. Waste of money. Front passengers get NO benefit. Next Taycan not wasting my money. Tell the dealer if he wants it he pays for all.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Consider countering with £1200 and compromising somewhere in between. Then, after a dramatic pause say, "sorry it's still not high enough" and see if the dealer raises.

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Don't. Waste of money. Front passengers get NO benefit. Next Taycan not wasting my money. Tell the dealer if he wants it he pays for all.
Well… i like it even more than i thought when i ordered it.
somehow it makes larger interior and i like more bright inside anyway.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
@f1eng here’s a thread for you 😅 you would pay £500 NOT to have pan roof 👀

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Outright purchase and black.
Stick with what you want. I specced my 4S without the Pano roof. Like you, I like the lines better without the sunroof. Really, I'm not a fan of sunroofs unless they have a way to completely close them built-in. The whole idea, at least to me, of a custom order, is to get what you want, especially on a car in this price range.
Sponsored