smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
2 different opc have cars in ,unregistered and when asked if available was told they would be put on demo for a fortnight before putting back up for 30-40 over list, a practise more and more are now doing
Sponsored

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag
That’s disgusting. They should be reported to Porsche hq.

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
Porsche know. Assuming used, it I’ll feature in thr aoorove used website.
- at the end of the day, if I traded my Cross Turismo in I’d expect a premium too. Perhaps then I’d expect the dealer to be able to enjoy same.

I think it would be wrong if the dealers dominated the orders. By I don’t think they do.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
2 different opc have cars in ,unregistered and when asked if available was told they would be put on demo for a fortnight before putting back up for 30-40 over list, a practise more and more are now doing
30%-40% over the RRP? I don't believe that. 10% yes. No one is going to buy, for example, a 100k RWD for 130k-140k with a 300 miles on it.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Used car prices are already dropping and will begin to fall further as the world economy starts self-destructing latter half of this year:

https://www.am-online.com/news/mark...-adjustment-inevitable-says-ebay-motors-group

Same trend is happening in the US.

These prices won't be sustainable and things always return to the mean.

I am pricing in 10% depreciation for every year of ownership of my GTS ST - minus £24k after two years.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Time to short Pendragon, Vertu, Inchcape and Lookers shares. Recession coming!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Porsche know. Assuming used, it I’ll feature in thr aoorove used website.
- at the end of the day, if I traded my Cross Turismo in I’d expect a premium too. Perhaps then I’d expect the dealer to be able to enjoy same.

I think it would be wrong if the dealers dominated the orders. By I don’t think they do.
My understanding was that the new cars in the showroom were actually owned by Porsche (not the dealer) and that the spec of these vehicles was determined by Porsche too. Vehicles spec's as demos are typically dealers domain.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dealers are unfortunately 100% independent and Porsche NA doesn’t care about shady practices

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag
Dealers are unfortunately 100% independent and Porsche NA doesn’t care about shady practices
I can 100% believe this, sadly.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This car even fully loaded up is gonna cap out with an MSRP of around 200K USD. Note the part where it says "good deal" - that's not marketing; that's an analysis of the current US market for the car. Turbos are the same...about 100K over sticker for these cars - nothing is being sold at MSRP from the dealer right now.

Also while it sucks, it's not shady. It's the basics of supply and demand; a foundational principle of capitalism. And, supply chain is a global problem, along with greed.
Porsche Taycan Dealers having stock and selling for over list Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 6.51.37 AM

OP
OP
smartymarti

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
30%-40% over the RRP? I don't believe that. 10% yes. No one is going to buy, for example, a 100k RWD for 130k-140k with a 300 miles on it.
opc just north of me had a brand new 4s cross turismo listing 98k put up as a demo and then it was sold 130
same as another very close has a shark blue turbo s cab unregistered listed 161 it will be demo and then made 199

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
My understanding was that the new cars in the showroom were actually owned by Porsche (not the dealer) and that the spec of these vehicles was determined by Porsche too. Vehicles spec's as demos are typically dealers domain.
Not sure about this. I recall my salesman telling me that he had specced some of the showroom cars. I might have misunderstood, but think that is what he said

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Used car prices are already dropping and will begin to fall further as the world economy starts self-destructing latter half of this year:

https://www.am-online.com/news/mark...-adjustment-inevitable-says-ebay-motors-group

Same trend is happening in the US.

These prices won't be sustainable and things always return to the mean.

I am pricing in 10% depreciation for every year of ownership of my GTS ST - minus £24k after two years.
"The best cure for high prices is....high prices"

Kills demand.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
This car even fully loaded up is gonna cap out with an MSRP of around 200K USD. Note the part where it says "good deal" - that's not marketing; that's an analysis of the current US market for the car. Turbos are the same...about 100K over sticker for these cars - nothing is being sold at MSRP from the dealer right now.

Also while it sucks, it's not shady. It's the basics of supply and demand; a foundational principle of capitalism. And, supply chain is a global problem, along with greed.
Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 6.51.37 AM.png
I agree, not shady at all, just microeconomics and capitalism in action. And the beautiful thing is no one is holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to pay $100K over sticker.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I can 100% believe this, sadly.
I don't know that it is that PCNA doesn't care, but rather it is a self-correcting problem. If dealers irritate their customers enough, those customers will likely go elsewhere. I mean most of the dealer profit on an EV is up-front including options and dealer add-ons since there isn't much maintenance compared to an ICE car.

Almost all dealers are charging a lot more for anything used and adding ADMs where they can. Even mine is now charging a relatively modest $7500 ADM on Taycans although they kept their word and sold me mine at MSRP.

The OP is in the UK and it was my understanding that they aren't allowed to add ADMs so the only way to take advantage of the current market is to be able to sell them as used, is that correct?
Sponsored