Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Legality aside, the obvious advantage of the sticker is that you don't have to drill holes in the bumper.

From a cosmetic standpoint, though, I'm afraid it looks little better than mounting the plate. IMHO.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Legality aside, the obvious advantage of the stick on plate is that you don't have to drill holes in the bumper.

From a cosmetic standpoint, though, I'm afraid it looks little better than mounting the plate. IMHO.
the stick on plate is a great solution however governmental BS in most states prohibit their use.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Legality aside, the obvious advantage of the sticker is that you don't have to drill holes in the bumper.

Yeah I think I actually like a mounted plate better than this.

the stick on plate is a great solution however governmental BS in most states prohibit their use.
Right - this wouldn't fly in our state. The FAQ says there isn't any state with a law that prohibits vinyl plates.... but my state, as an example, specifically calls out that the plate used has to be what is issued by the state. aka, cannot make your own.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I think a tow hook mounted plate looks much better than the sticker.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's a $136 non-moving violation in Washington state. I've yet to be pulled over for it and even if I was, people pay a lot more for less impressive cosmetic changes.

Go without the front plate. If you get ticketed multiple times, then look into it.

jhngarrison

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2020 Macan, 2006 MB CLK-350
Country flag
Thanks, I guess I could also get a ticket for not having it at all. Come to think about it I once got a ticket for having a plastic cover over the rear plate. My point is if the police want to give me a ticket I am sure they will. Thanks for killing my buzz.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've already told my dealer to absolutely not install the front plate when my Taycan (finally) arrives, tickets be damned! Crimminy, it ruins both the looks and the drag coefficient. I indicated the same when I bought my Model S 5 years ago and haven't received even a cross look from the CHP. Knock on wood....

Last edited:

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I stopped putting on front plates years ago when a salesman told me not to because it ruins the look. They are required in Illinois. He said if I got pulled over just to say I bought the car from a state where they aren’t required, and they didn’t have the front plate kit with the car and I’m sorry, I just haven’t had a chance to find out how to get one.
I also polled a bunch of cops I had as patients and they said they don’t ticket people for no front plates on nice sports cars b/c they realize it ruins the aesthetics.
But if I did get one, I would get a retractable one. Google it. It’s motorized. It sits below the bumper and is parallel to the ground. You hit a remote and it pops out forward and tilts up. It’s like a transformer. If I ever got a ticket for no plate I would get on of those.

Here’s one:
https://www.pfyc.com/GN1018.html

Last edited:

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
007 plate. Cool.
I noticed they even make a cover for the rear plate where a shade lifts up to hide your plate. I guess that's for when you need to do a drive by shooting. Or maybe just don't want to have a toll tag.

sAxsKy

First Name
Sameet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
I am using the Rho plate that I installed on my 4S. It is sitting a little higher than I’d like due to sensor placement, but it worths the peace of mind in NY.

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate 82703604-8016-4166-8204-E5E55A8DDF42

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate FF85FF75-125B-4A1A-8091-CBE45AB47DE6

LuigiF1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S 981, Taycan Ordered 6/4 Delivery.
Country flag
I really like this tow hook option I had it for 7yrs with my Cayman S. There are options with standard, lightened and quick release (to take plate off if going into something like a car wash while leaving the base of tow hook in).

Also adjustable as to how high or low the plate will sit by where you put the connector brace in the back of the plate holder. In white also. I believe the Panamera model will work but they're easy to contact, ask questions.

US Mill Works http://www.usmillworks.com/default.html

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
It's a $136 non-moving violation in Washington state. I've yet to be pulled over for it and even if I was, people pay a lot more for less impressive cosmetic changes.

Go without the front plate. If you get ticketed multiple times, then look into it.
In MD I've gotten one ticket ($70) in nearly seven years of no front plate. Cheaper than a mount. It's rare to see a Porsche here with a front plate. The dealer didn't even put one on the loaner Macan I had earlier this week.

The only real downside is driving around knowing the cops always have an excuse to pull you over. That makes some people anxious; others don't care at all.
Sponsored