Dealing with the front license plate

CxM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's angled a bit so doesn't seem to block air flow much, and maybe better for drag then straight on the front.

Was a quick 5min install, just put car on lift mode to help. Comes with longer screws, just take the two out from under the front lip, and replace with the longer ones. I think it can be installed on either side as it fits in the stock mounting holes, but didn't check.

Here's a couple pics:
Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate 1627761974215

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate 1627762188156

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate 1627762252444

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
It's angled a bit so doesn't seem to block air flow much, and maybe better for drag then straight on the front.

Was a quick 5min install, just put car on lift mode to help. Comes with longer screws, just take the two out from under the front lip, and replace with the longer ones. I think it can be installed on either side as it fits in the stock mounting holes, but didn't check.
Thanks for sharing, I think I will purchase one of these. I see that they have switched to a four hole mounting plate, which would avoid annoying rattles.

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
I used the Sto N Sho front plate bracket.

Easy, no drilling. Just used the screws they supply and fits in stock screw holes under the front lip. Also has a quick release pin to take off.
I prefer it to the tow mount, think a bit cleaner look:
thanks a lot --- order placed

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No need to over complicate things..... I have a short plate on the front of mine, which is held on with 3M double sided tape. Been on 6 months and no sign at all of any movement. Apply tape on the edges shown, put plate on and Bobs your uncle. The car in the photo isn't mine, just an example

InkedPorsche-Taycan-3D-Printed-Removable-Front-Plate-Mount_LI.jpg
I needed to get my Taycan inspected (I was actually quite overdue and completely forgot about it) and used the 3M double-sided tape. Worked great and was easy to get the plate on and off. Like the photo above, I used the front bumper mount supplied with car and put some tape on the lower tabs (they‘re positioned to go around the front sensor package) and the upper edge. Held great, but I wouldn’t drive around with that setup full-time. Did the trick and now can mount it easily if needed without marring that gorgeous front fascia.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
What does it look like with the plate not attached? Is it invisible?
Check out their website. The Sto-n-Sho mount attaches to the underside of the front spoiler. With the plate detached, you can’t see anything unless you look under the spoiler.

Reactions: R88

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Check out their website. The Sto-n-Sho mount attaches to the underside of the front spoiler. With the plate detached, you can’t see anything unless you look under the spoiler.
Thanks, I only looked at the purchase link but the website cleared it up for me. Cheers.

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
I have worked through 3 of the solutions suggested in this thread and finally settled on the Sto-N-Sho. For me it is the least intrusive on the design of the Taycan (still not pretty, but none of them are). I will list the runner-ups and why they were not chosen in case it is useful to others.

Sto-N-Sho mounting is easy, does not interfere with front sensors, and plate can be added or removed in 5 seconds. I was worried it would intefere with driver side heat exchanger but there is good flow around it while stationary and the vents in the front have lovers that close at speed anyway.

Runner-ups
Rennline - I used the configuration mentioned in this thread and found the ball mount tough to get really tight (to prevent movement) and just didn't like how high it sits to clear the front sensors. The edges of the plate holder are sharp so I actually filed (rounded) the sharp edge to prevent possible damage from the plate holder contacting the bumper. It just seemed a bit fiddly.

License plate sticker - I purchased this and saw it on a friend's Taycan and really liked it, but figured the risk of being fined for a counterfit plate was worse than no plate at all (noted by others on this thread). Great concept, if you don't run afoul of the wrong trooper.

There only a few photos of the Sto-N-Sho, so I have included mine if it helps others.
Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate Sto-N-Sho sm

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
License plate sticker - I purchased this and saw it on a friend's Taycan and really liked it, but figured the risk of being fined for a counterfit plate was worse than no plate at all (noted by others on this thread). Great concept, if you don't run afoul of the wrong trooper.
I've been running license plate stickers for a while (over 8 years now). I talked to a traffic cop once about it, he told me that since it's legal to just paint your plate numbers on a car cover some people use for parking, he sees no problem with the license plate sticker as long as it's clear and legible. Heck, all WA state specialty plates have been screened since 2005 instead of embossed (raised lettering) , so they pretty much are like a printed sticker already.
Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate 1630361734561

Last edited:

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I just ordered the Sto N Sho plate mount-thanks for the tip!

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
I used the Sto N Sho front plate bracket.

Easy, no drilling. Just used the screws they supply and fits in stock screw holes under the front lip. Also has a quick release pin to take off.

CxM, thanks for the excellent recommendation. Installing it was easy as you described. Now, I no longer have to worry about the issues relating to fix-it tickets when parking in San Francisco.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Has anybody here fitted Sto-n-Sho's Taycan mount to a MY22 Cross Turismo?
A couple of months ago I had a conversation with one of the parts department staff at my dealership and he showed me some parts diagrams that implied there could be variations between the sedan and CT in how the front spoiler is attached. The Sto-n-Sho depends upon removing two front-spoiler fasteners and reusing the vacated holes to attach the mount with its own screws. Yes, you would think that the sedan and CT front parts should be the same, but my post is seeking to confirm that.

LuigiF1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S 981, Taycan Ordered 6/4 Delivery.
Country flag
I was waiting for US Mill works to come out with a Taycan tow hook plate as i had with Cayman S. Not drilling. But after a month no front plate went with 30lb 3M double sided. Never budged. Very Solid. Then did ceramic coating went with sto n sho. Has held up not bottomed out on driveway lip. Air lift has helped remember by gps low spots.
Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate 983ACBBB-D316-43DC-A9CA-25A6F21DB116