December 2021 Delivery

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For at least 2 days Siem Cicero, supposedly enroute to Emden, has been holding in place in North Sea 60 nautical miles northwest of Emden. Can any of you merchant marines out there explain why?
Porsche Taycan December 2021 Delivery siem cicero in place
Sponsored

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
For at least 2 days Siem Cicero, supposedly enroute to Emden, has been holding in place in North Sea 60 nautical miles northwest of Emden. Can any of you merchant marines out there explain why?
siem cicero in place.jpg
I suspect they're training a new captain. I wouldn't be surprised if they make their way in today or early tomorrow.

NOLAStorm

First Name
Shaquita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Panny 4S E Hybrid, 2022 Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Woo! Production started today, 2 days early. How long does production usually take?
5 days for me. 10/18-10/23. Also have a moderately optioned 4S.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
siem cicero in place.jpg
Zoom the map out and you see all the traffic in the channel. They could be waiting in queue for a traffic lane. Sometimes they maybe adjusting their schedule based on weather some where in the path.

More fun reading

https://www.marineinsight.com/marin...over-the-busiest-shipping-route-in-the-world/

"As part of the introduction of Collision Regulations of 1960, the strait comes under full radar surveillance and also operates a Traffic Separation Scheme (TSS), with which two lanes run through the strait for inward and outward-bound traffic in order to avoid collisions.

Introduced in 1967, the Traffic Separation Scheme in Dover was the first International Maritime Organisation (IMO) approved TSS in the world. The Collision Regulations was later replaced with International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, which was adopted as a convention of the IMO in October 1972. The new law amended the existing regulations with more strict navigation rules to prevent collisions in the water.

In addition, the CNIS (Channel Navigation Information Service), which was established in 1972, runs for the fulfilment of the aforesaid objective. The CNIS helps in the supervising of the maritime traffic crossing through the Strait by way of a full-day, round-the-clock radar system surveying and radio channel feasibility.

Jointly operated by the UK and France from the Dover Maritime Rescue Co-ordination Centre (MRCC) in the UK and France’s CROSS Gris Nez, CNIS is assigned to keep the Dover Strait TSS under observation in addition to monitoring the flow of traffic. In the case of any ship not following the stipulated guidelines while crossing the Strait, the Channel Navigation Information Service is also authorised to report the lapse and take any measures required as a set-off.

The Strait of Dover also falls under the category of a ‘mandatory reporting zone.’ Under Pas de Calais/Dover Strait report or CALDOVREP, the vessels with GRTs over 300 tonnes, transiting these zones are mandated to announce their details and specifications.

The information required to provide include name of the ship, call sign, IMO identification number and MMSI number, position in latitude and longitude, the draught of the ship, course and speed of the vessel, route information, details about the hazardous cargo and IMO class and quantity, among others.

The vessels entering the Strait through its South-western entryway are required to announce their details to the British Coast Guard at the Dover harbour. Similarly, ships that use its North-eastern entryway to pass through the strait are required to announce their details to the French coastal authorities at the Cape of Gris Nez.

However, ferries operating in the Strait of Dover need not take part fully in the scheme, but only need to advise the Dover coastguard or CROSS Gris Nez about their departure."

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting...my 4s is due to be on the Pleiades Leader on November 5th and I dont see this name on the list.
Pleiades Leader right now is moored at Bremerhaven. Estimated to be at Emden on Nov. 5. Maybe a different shipping company than PWL?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Per the following chart showing inbound at Emden, at least 4 vehicle transport ships due in. Can't trust the ETAs, because Siem Cicero is still staying in place 60 miles away. EMS Highway is smaller ship, arriving from UK.
Porsche Taycan December 2021 Delivery emden inbound 11 4

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’m pretty sure the dates in TYD for all the port milestones showing in September are for the previous voyage for the Siem Confucius. Last time it was in Jacksonville was 9/20, the date I am showing for all those port steps. Hopefully it will update eventually, but I’m like you, hoping it comes earlier than 12/24, and see no reason why it won’t. It’s due in Jacksonville 11/20.
Mine was saying 9/20 as well but today it finally updated to 11/20. For some reason, the Port Processing stage still says 12/3. I sure hope it's sooner.

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag
Per the following chart showing inbound at Emden, at least 4 vehicle transport ships due in. Can't trust the ETAs, because Siem Cicero is still staying in place 60 miles away. EMS Highway is smaller ship, arriving from UK.
emden inbound 11 4.jpg
Anything on the Siem Confusius? My 4S is on that vessel.

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anything on the Siem Confusius? My 4S is on that vessel.
It’s currently SW of the UK heading SW to steer clear of TS Wanda moving to the NE. It’s due into Davisville 11/13, Jax 11/20. It’s possible it could be slightly delayed deviating around the storm.

What’s funny about the TYD dates, there is another 4S on the boat headed for my dealer, it shows 12/17 delivery, ours still shows 12/24. SA assures me they will be on the same truck.

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag
It’s currently SW of the UK heading SW to steer clear of TS Wanda moving to the NE. It’s due into Davisville 11/13, Jax 11/20. It’s possible it could be slightly delayed deviating around the storm.

What’s funny about the TYD dates, there is another 4S on the boat headed for my dealer, it shows 12/17 delivery, ours still shows 12/24. SA assures me they will be on the same truck.
my 4S now says 12.17. Hope it comes sooner, but so excited to get my car

Busski

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E39 M5, e450 wagon
Country flag
Production just completed on my ct4 on 11/2 and it’s looking like it’s a race to Emden to see if I can make the Glovis Supreme to Benicia. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored