Deeply disappointed with 4S -- 12V battery issue and "Electrical System Error"

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Congratulations! My car has been in the shop for over 30 days. They cannot get the OTA/control module to provision properly. Nothing is working, apparently. Crazy thing is that when they took it in to replace the part, the car was driving just fine, I just had to clear an "Emergency SOS Failure" warning every time I started the car.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I”m sad because of this thread - it’s never good when something like happens and deeply frustrating

silver lining here is that Porsche should/will/probably buy it back and it will be no harm no foul - but it still sucks.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is not good to hear. It does have me worried a little bit for my April delivery. Could we make a poll so we can see how many people have had this issue. Something like:

- No 12v issues - 2020 car
- Have had 12v issues - 2020 car
- No 12v issues - 2021 car
- Have had 12v issues - 2021 car

Or something already done like this?

I saw a thread earlier where a guy from Egypt is having problems as soon as he received the car but has no support from Porsche in his country. I would be so pissed off.

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
12V issues are not model year specific - any expectation that MY’21 cars won’t experience 12V issues is wishful thinking - also there are so few 21 Taycan’s that we don’t have enough cars in the wild to get a good sample.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
my car is still in the shop with no clear description of what is wrong. I’ve been told they had to get a special cable from Germany to do diagnostics. The cable has arrived and they’ve been communicating with Germany but still don’t know what is going on. I have got 14 days to the 30 day mark.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
my car is still in the shop with no clear description of what is wrong. I’ve been told they had to get a special cable from Germany to do diagnostics. The cable has arrived and they’ve been communicating with Germany but still don’t know what is going on. I have got 14 days to the 30 day mark.
Well, I can say that they had everything installed on day 1, and they have been stumped trying to get it to work since then. No luck so far. Not sure what to do at this point. I was thinking of suggesting that they just buy it back and let me order another one. I would buy something in stock, but I really liked my configuration, which turns out to be unusual enough that not much out there in stock comes quite close enough.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My neighbor just accepted delivery on his Taycan (yes, he knows all about my issues) and he handed the attached pamphlet on Porsche's arbitration program (it was in his glove compartment). I believe the pamphlet is specific to California, but they also have national forms at their website -- https://www.demarsassociates.com/cap-motors

Attachments

OP
OP

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
Quick update from my end.
I got a message from Porsche they will let me know within 15 days what is going on. This rather upset me (car is now 20+ days at the dealer). I emailed the CEO and SVP of support at Porsche NA. Got a quick response from SVP that I'm now in good hands and gave me name of the person handling the case. If anybody needs their email let me know.

Reading the forum and seeing all the other people who have this problem I have to say that I changed my view on this car. I would not get a new one, instead I'll flip to 911 for few years until they fix the issues. This is first and foremost software problem and Porsche can't deal with it just yet. Having to worry about the car not being driveable every day is not acceptable to me.

D

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Quick update from my end.
I got a message from Porsche they will let me know within 15 days what is going on. This rather upset me (car is now 20+ days at the dealer). I emailed the CEO and SVP of support at Porsche NA. Got a quick response from SVP that I'm now in good hands and gave me name of the person handling the case. If anybody needs their email let me know.
Same response when I requested them to buyback my Macan after 5 unsuccessful repairs for an oil leak. I also received those big words that they deeply care about my case etc etc. After the 15 days they responded they are not going to buy back.

After talking to a lemon-law attorney he said that this response is common practice and they do introduce this delay intentionally. Some clients will sell their car and move on or in some cases in these 15 days the car might get fixed and then the client withdraws the request.

Good luck!

EldinSC

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Sorry to say my 4S from 2020 suffers from the same issue. It showed the message (see pic) and would not start or do anything. The car had to be transferred by truck to my dealer in Amsterdam and is now undergoing work. Latest is the entire main battery must be replaced. Unknown when it will be back. I am now doubtful on reliability be honest as the cause of the issue seems not clear.

Porsche Taycan Deeply disappointed with 4S -- 12V battery issue and "Electrical System Error" 94F38803-CBAF-46DE-960D-27BF4F11070E

OP
OP

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep, same problem. My main battery needs replacement too.

thopster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, McLaren 650S Spyder, MB E300 4Matic
Country flag
Had the same issue on a 5 day old 2021 Taycan 4S.

I echo the same comment here about being thoroughly disappointed with the quality of the software here.

thopster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, McLaren 650S Spyder, MB E300 4Matic
Country flag
And I'm done.
Porsche completed car buy back today.
Best of luck to all of you dealing with these issues.

D
thanks Dan.
I’m hoping to just get a substitution into a similar car ASAP.

iltaycan

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Pretty much the exact thing happened to me today. No word yet from the Porsche Marin about the cause or solution. Hopefully will get an update tomorrow.
And also no loaner available. In fact, they said a loaner wouldn’t be available for six weeks!
Call PCNA customer service, tell them the issue and request a nice loaner. I had to do just that myself and a Taycan 4S loaner was provided to me the next day. Good luck!
Sponsored