Definitive Burmester delay thread

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
for those of us waiting on Burmester (there is a stop sale on the amp), might be useful to collect info on our situation. I'll keep this table up to date if you reply, even if already delivered so we can start to get a sense of how long it's taking.

ModelCompleted Production (CP8)Current Port or LocationFinal Port/LocationActual Delivery
CT4S4/8/22EmdenHouston / Austin🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

EmperorZhong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
ModelCompleted Production (CP8)Current Port or LocationFinal Port/LocationActual Delivery
CT4S4/8/22EmdenHouston / Austin
base5/21/22XINSHA ChinaXINSHA ChinaOctober

KConway

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RWD Taycan
Country flag
RWD5/13/22San DiegoPasadena ?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I'm about to take delivery of a brand new BMW I4 - a cancelled order I managed to nab in weeks instead of waiting 12+ months.

It is not my spec and curiously the person either didn't spec the upgraded sound system, or it was not available because of the semiconductor shortage, which is a known issue for BMW.

I have managed to find an aftermarket amp (Audiotec Fischer, Match Up amp)- cheaper than the upgraded sound system option - that allegedly makes an enormous difference to the sound system with the stock speakers.

I wonder for those who want their Taycan immediately, this might be a solution - just hook up an aftermarket amp rather than wait potentially months for the Burmester to arrive.

Might be worth asking the dealer and agreeing some kind of compo.

Deleted member 7736

RWD5/13/22San DiegoPasadena?
TurboS5/13/22BeniciaSan Jose, CA7/22

Last edited by a moderator:

OP
OP

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
anyone else get their car?

VadmykLA2022

First Name
Vad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan on the Picture
Country flag
for those of us waiting on Burmester (there is a stop sale on the amp), might be useful to collect info on our situation. I'll keep this table up to date if you reply, even if already delivered so we can start to get a sense of how long it's taking.

CT4S4/8/22EmdenHouston / Austin🤷‍♂️
Hi Fletch,
My Taycan 4s also stuck in Sand diego port with no ETA at this time. Production was completed 6/2/22, Emden 6/8/22, jumped on to Goliath Leader on 6/30/22, got to San Diego on 7/30/22 and has been in port since. TYD shows 8/5/22 as delivery, car is still at port processing. Sound system is Bose, not Burmester.
Does anyone else have car stuck at San Diego port?

nefilim314

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
My car arrived 8/12. Still waiting on amp three weeks later.

OP
OP

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update - some progress on my car that was in Emden since 4/12. It finally got on a boat to Houston 8/26. Still don't think it has the amp tho, will see when it gets to Dealership.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sorry to hear about this. As a Burmester owner who loves his stereo, I would be soooo annoyed if my car was held up just because of that.
Sponsored