Powderday

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2019 Toyota Land Cruiser
Country flag
Our CT parked in Houston with many of yours since 2/22 had a build completion of 1/13. No word from my dealer yet, but our SA this time has been generally terrible. Like mentioned above, I do hope the cars are being cared for while just sitting in TX.
Sponsored

electrified

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, i3, 911E, C2S, GT3, Macan
Country flag
My Taycan 4CT arrived in Benicia on the Glovis Sonic on March 7 and then sat for 7 weeks before finally being sent to the SF Bay area dealer April 26, and I took delivery on May 1. During the sitting period the delivery estimate was revised but no information about the nature of the delay was provided to me or the dealer. The good news is that it eventually was delivered and the car is fantastic. I love everything about it except the PCM, which I knew wouldn't be great as I have the system in my Macan S. When I look at the big picture, it took 6 months from when my build slot cleared until the car was delivered, which is not a big deal. Six months is consistent with what Porsche has been telling the world for some time regarding the Taycan. The rub is that their original delivery estimate to me was 4 months which then gradually crept to the final 6 months. I should have paid attention earlier to this disconnect and just expected the 6 months. If they asked for my advice, which they won't , I would recommend that they do a better job of tying their individual car schedule to their big picture and stop the week at a time schedule pushes which are very frustrating. However, keep the faith the Taycan will not disappoint you.

Krinsky1965

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base, 2015 Porsche 991.1 GTS
Country flag
My Taycan 4CT arrived in Benicia on the Glovis Sonic on March 7 and then sat for 7 weeks before finally being sent to the SF Bay area dealer April 26, and I took delivery on May 1. During the sitting period the delivery estimate was revised but no information about the nature of the delay was provided to me or the dealer. The good news is that it eventually was delivered and the car is fantastic. I love everything about it except the PCM, which I knew wouldn't be great as I have the system in my Macan S. When I look at the big picture, it took 6 months from when my build slot cleared until the car was delivered, which is not a big deal. Six months is consistent with what Porsche has been telling the world for some time regarding the Taycan. The rub is that their original delivery estimate to me was 4 months which then gradually crept to the final 6 months. I should have paid attention earlier to this disconnect and just expected the 6 months. If they asked for my advice, which they won't , I would recommend that they do a better job of tying their individual car schedule to their big picture and stop the week at a time schedule pushes which are very frustrating. However, keep the faith the Taycan will not disappoint you.
How did you find out that your car was released from the port and heading to your dealer? Did your TYD app update you, were you emailed, receive a phone call? I am just curious what to expect and where the information will come from. My dealer doesn't seem to be informed or involved at all.

electrified

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, i3, 911E, C2S, GT3, Macan
Country flag
I received an email from Porsche when the car was put on the truck and then one from the dealer when it arrived.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
My Ice Grey CT 4s arrived at Emden yesterday and hopefully will be put on a ship for transport to Houston in the next couple of weeks. Once in Houston it still needs to be trucked to Kansas City, so I hope it does not sit in Houston too long before transport to the dealership.

After reading this thread I guess I should expect my car to arrive in Houston looking just like the picture below that Porsche shared of my car on the production line.

I kid. I kid.

In all seriousness, I hope the delivery backlog is clearing up and my car does not sit in Houston too long waiting for any parts they may not have installed on the production line.

While I don't have an epic road trip to the Arctic Circle planned, I do want to do a week or 10 days in Montana in July. I want to use Kalispell as my base and do Glacier National Park and the surrounding area.

Porsche Taycan Definitive Cross Turismo Delay/Stop-Order/Held in Port Thread Taycan 4S Cross Turismo

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
Updated 4/26

NameCarPortPort Arr DateCurrent TYD EstMood
@Sf-bay-taycan-seekerCT Turbo SSan Diego3/7NALooking at other options.
@jkoyaCT4Benicia3/75/20Starting to look at other options
@vonshCT4Benicia3/75/20chill, there is no way I can find a better deal at the moment. will wait.
@ReubenCT4Benicia3/75/20Frustrated due to the lack of information but waiting it out
@vatsavCT4SBenicia3/295/20Frustrated ^ 2. Want to cancel the order if I don't get it by 05/20.
@video131313CT4Benicia3/75/20Very frustrated, dealer refuses to refund the deposit even if I were to purchase another vehicle from them that they have in stock. Escalated to the dealership GM
@somethinlivin CT Turbo SBenicia3/295/20
This is an absolute mess
@NachyomamaCT4Houston2/22?DEALER WAITING ON TRUCK
@VisceralCT4SHouston2/225/20It's a mess
@wescxCT4Houston2/2204/26DELIVERED
@HirschajCT4Houston5/20
@PowderdayCT4Houston2/225/20no hurry for the car for us, but general disappointment in our SA, dealership, and Porsche of America in the whole “experience” this time. No proactive contacts or updates, and zero gives a crap.
@EvFamilyCT4San Diego3/75/20Sad, angry, calling Mercedes
@Krinsky1965CT4San Diego3/265/27TYD says ready for transport
@adpa

CT4SJacksonville3/315/20I'm disappointed by the delays, but otherwise waiting patiently.
Whose car is this?
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/details/porsche-taycan-4-cross-turismo-new-8DNRW6

OP
OP
Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Tesla X, Tesla Y
Country flag
If it's on the Finder it's an unclaimed dealer spec or a car that someone had and gave up. That car has been on the Finder a couple weeks (I admit it, I stalk the Finder) so I was assuming it was a new inbound car.

I reached out to a dealer on another car on Finder that was close to my spec. It wasn't at the dealer, in transit. I told the dealer that if it arrived on lot I'd buy it. Figured if it beat my stuck car I'd switch. But someone put money down on it the next day and it disappeared from the Finder.

I found the idea that a car build 2 mo's after mine making it to a customer kind of mind numbing. But who know, when any of the CTs on the Finder hit the port, they may get delayed as well.

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it's on the Finder it's an unclaimed dealer spec or a car that someone had and gave up. That car has been on the Finder a couple weeks (I admit it, I stalk the Finder) so I was assuming it was a new inbound car.

I reached out to a dealer on another car on Finder that was close to my spec. It wasn't at the dealer, in transit. I told the dealer that if it arrived on lot I'd buy it. Figured if it beat my stuck car I'd switch. But someone put money down on it the next day and it disappeared from the Finder.

I found the idea that a car build 2 mo's after mine making it to a customer kind of mind numbing. But who know, when any of the CTs on the Finder hit the port, they may get delayed as well.
I look at finder at least once a day. I didn't find that CT4 yesterday.

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I asked my SA for an update and he told me this ...

"We should have the update tomorrow was told we are close, what close means to them is anybody's guess."

I hope he's telling the truth and we do get an update on this tomorrow. So, 🤞

somethinlivin

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi/Porsche
Country flag
I asked my SA for an update and he told me this ...

"We should have the update tomorrow was told we are close, what close means to them is anybody's guess."

I hope he's telling the truth and we do get an update on this tomorrow. So, 🤞
Please relay your update to your fellow Benicia brethren!

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
My SA emailed and said no firm ETA on delivery, but best guess is sometime towards the end of the month. Assured me the VW-Ampors processing center in Benicia is maintaining both the Li-Ion and 12 V batteries...

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
I'd love a tiny bit of attention from PECLA or my SA. Even a little "Hey, again apologies for the wait, but is there anything you could use?" kind of thing if they still don't know anything. In the meantime, I guess I make plans for the 20th (shrug) ?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I'd love a tiny bit of attention from PECLA or my SA. Even a little "Hey, again apologies for the wait, but is there anything you could use?" kind of thing if they still don't know anything. In the meantime, I guess I make plans for the 20th (shrug) ?
A little bit of communication can go a really long way in these types of situations.
Sponsored