Definitive Cross Turismo Delay/Stop-Order/Held in Port Thread

Reuben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'd love a tiny bit of attention from PECLA or my SA. Even a little "Hey, again apologies for the wait, but is there anything you could use?" kind of thing if they still don't know anything. In the meantime, I guess I make plans for the 20th (shrug) ?
PCNA dropped the ball with this. They are the only ones who know what's going on but since we are not purchasing the car from them they don't want anything to do with us. The dealer is happy to help but are unable to get any information out of PCNA. So we end up with finger pointing and frustration.
Sponsored

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
I asked my SA for an update and he told me this ...

"We should have the update tomorrow was told we are close, what close means to them is anybody's guess."

I hope he's telling the truth and we do get an update on this tomorrow. So, 🤞
Why do I feel like I’m going to see my TYD say June tomo? 😭

Krinsky1965

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base, 2015 Porsche 991.1 GTS
Country flag
Has anyone with a car at the port of San Diego been updated or received their Taycan CT or ST? I have a Taycan 4 CT sitting in San Diego since March and haven't heard one word regarding my car's status or why it is held. My SA either doesn't care or doesn't have a clue and tells me that I will receive my car soon per the TYD app. I don't believe the TYD app is relevant and will probably update to a June date any time now. I am looking for hope but also shopping the finder for another car . I also filed a case with PCNA which was my 3rd case filed since driving Porsches and I haven't heard a peep which was the same result with my previous two cases. What is going on in San Diego, looking for more information..

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Has anyone with a car at the port of San Diego been updated or received their Taycan CT or ST? I have a Taycan 4 CT sitting in San Diego since March and haven't heard one word regarding my car's status or why it is held. My SA either doesn't care or doesn't have a clue and tells me that I will receive my car soon per the TYD app. I don't believe the TYD app is relevant and will probably update to a June date any time now. I am looking for hope but also shopping the finder for another car . I also filed a case with PCNA which was my 3rd case filed since driving Porsches and I haven't heard a peep which was the same result with my previous two cases. What is going on in San Diego, looking for more information..
I’m a San Diego ct4. My SA updates weekly with all different reasons. He is very insistent on his latest reason. He believes (through his knowledge and past experience, not from PCNA) that the cars in San Diego are being held for an EPA signature. He has stated it could be another month or two or tomorrow. He said there are no open campaigns or recalls, no parts needed. Again this is just what his system shows. I believe that he is telling me to the best of his knowledge what the holdup could be but that doesn’t make it accurate. He knows I’m frustrated and impatient, the dealer feels the same as they have like 5 cars being held.

Krinsky1965

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base, 2015 Porsche 991.1 GTS
Country flag
Updated 5/4

NameCarPortPort Arr DateCurrent TYD EstMood
@Sf-bay-taycan-seekerCT Turbo SSan Diego3/7NABailed and bought a used CT4. Still waiting on this car.
@jkoyaCT4Benicia3/75/20Starting to look at other options
@vonshCT4Benicia3/75/20chill, there is no way I can find a better deal at the moment. will wait.
@ReubenCT4Benicia3/75/20Frustrated due to the lack of information but waiting it out
@vatsavCT4SBenicia3/295/20Frustrated ^ 2. Want to cancel the order if I don't get it by 05/20.
@video131313CT4Benicia3/75/20Very frustrated, dealer refuses to refund the deposit even if I were to purchase another vehicle from them that they have in stock. Escalated to the dealership GM
@electrifiedCT4Benicia3/74/26DELIVERED
@somethinlivinCT Turbo SBenicia3/295/20
This is an absolute mess
@NachyomamaCT4Houston2/22?LOADING ON TRUCK
@wescxCT4Houston2/224/26DELIVERED
@VisceralCT4SHouston2/225/20It's a mess
@HirschajCT4Houston?5/20
@PowderdayCT4Houston2/225/20no hurry for the car for us, but general disappointment in our SA, dealership, and Porsche of America in the whole “experience” this time. No proactive contacts or updates, and zero gives a crap.
@EvFamilyCT4San Diego3/75/20Sad, angry, calling Mercedes
@Krinsky1965CT4San Diego3/265/27TYD says ready for transport
@adpaCT4SJacksonville3/315/20I'm disappointed by the delays, but otherwise waiting patiently.
Revised "MOOD": Upset, aggravated, tired and waiting. Trying to talk myself into another GTS ST but won't pay the 30k Premium or a MB EQS 580. The MB does look well build.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
so mine is being held at Emden, not Houston. Wonder how they choose where to do that.

which brings up the most critical point in all of this: Porsche knows exactly why each and every car is being held.
Good communication is business 101. There is literally no excuse for not keeping people informed during an unprecedented situation. They are holding very specific cars for very specific reasons, and passing that along to the ordering party (dealerships) should be trivial and would make everyone feel just a little better about the wait.

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
I asked my SA for an update and he told me this ...

"We should have the update tomorrow was told we are close, what close means to them is anybody's guess."

I hope he's telling the truth and we do get an update on this tomorrow. So, 🤞
Here's his reply:
"They are estimating it will be to us by 5/20."

I told him "That's not an update. I'll just wait till 05/20 then."

He replied,
"I'm as frustrated as you are my friend. I have four other car is in the same status. until they actually have the parts on hand, they don't give us an actual date"

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
He replied,
"I'm as frustrated as you are my friend. I have four other car is in the same status. until they actually have the parts on hand, they don't give us an actual date"
Basically what I was told by my SA. They have several cars being held in Benicia.

He does always close his emails with "Thank You for your patience", so there is that....

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Basically what I was told by my SA. They have several cars being held in Benicia.

He does always close his emails with "Thank You for your patience", so there is that....
Yeah, same thing. Nothing new.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
@electrified - Willing to share what options you configured your build with ? Just curious, as your CT is the only one to make it out of Benicia so far. Congrats again !

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Updated 5/4

NameCarPortPort Arr DateCurrent TYD EstMood
@Sf-bay-taycan-seekerCT Turbo SSan Diego3/7NABailed and bought a used CT4. Still waiting on this car.
@jkoyaCT4Benicia3/75/20Starting to look at other options
@vonshCT4Benicia3/75/20chill, there is no way I can find a better deal at the moment. will wait.
@ReubenCT4Benicia3/75/20Frustrated due to the lack of information but waiting it out
@vatsavCT4SBenicia3/295/20Frustrated ^ 2. Want to cancel the order if I don't get it by 05/20.
@video131313CT4Benicia3/75/20Very frustrated. Escalated to the dealership GM
@electrifiedCT4Benicia3/74/26DELIVERED
@somethinlivinCT Turbo SBenicia3/295/20
This is an absolute mess
@NachyomamaCT4Houston2/22?LOADING ON TRUCK
@wescxCT4Houston2/224/26DELIVERED
@VisceralCT4SHouston2/225/20It's a mess
@HirschajCT4Houston?5/20
@PowderdayCT4Houston2/225/20no hurry for the car for us, but general disappointment
@EvFamilyCT4San Diego3/75/20Sad, angry, calling Mercedes
@Krinsky1965CT4San Diego3/265/27Upset, aggravated, tired and waiting
@adpaCT4SJacksonville3/315/20I'm disappointed by the delays, but otherwise waiting patiently.
Anybody in this list paid/paying dealer markup? I did/do not.