adpa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S
Country flag
Looks great. Did you get PPF/tint installation at the dealership?
Yes, I did. Full body XPEL film and tint on the side/rear windows. I don't feel like I saved any money by going through the dealership, but it was very convenient, and I'm quite pleased with the quality of the install.
Sponsored

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I wanted to hear if anyone had take delivery recently of a Taycan that was delivered through the port of Houston? My CT4s was an end of March build and quickly put on the SFL Conductor, which just docked in Houston last evening. I have certainly seen and read about all of the delivery delays due to missing parts, software updates, or unknown issues, but I am hoping that Porsche has cleared up some of the backlog to allow for quicker delivery of new vehicles.

Anyone out there with any positive delivery stories of their Taycan that came through the port of Houston? I was hoping that the vehicle would not sit in a staging area for three (3) weeks waiting for a software update or missing components before being transported to my dealer.

thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Tesla X, Tesla Y
Country flag
Finally! What a beauty - picked her up yesterday, drove from LA to SF w/o a hitch, one charging stop and EA worked perfectly. Surprisingly helpful feature: HUD+InnoDrive made "prove you're holding the wheel" alerts super easy to comply with. InnoDrive worked better than I thought, speed is incredible, hard to keep it under 80. Many months of waiting now behind me ... off to Ceramic Coat, tint and maybe caliper paint!

Porsche Taycan Definitive Cross Turismo Delay/Stop-Order/Held in Port Thread PXL_20220522_192624810
Porsche Taycan Definitive Cross Turismo Delay/Stop-Order/Held in Port Thread PXL_20220522_192636050
Porsche Taycan Definitive Cross Turismo Delay/Stop-Order/Held in Port Thread PXL_20220522_194208190

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
I wanted to hear if anyone had take delivery recently of a Taycan that was delivered through the port of Houston? My CT4s was an end of March build and quickly put on the SFL Conductor, which just docked in Houston last evening. I have certainly seen and read about all of the delivery delays due to missing parts, software updates, or unknown issues, but I am hoping that Porsche has cleared up some of the backlog to allow for quicker delivery of new vehicles.

Anyone out there with any positive delivery stories of their Taycan that came through the port of Houston? I was hoping that the vehicle would not sit in a staging area for three (3) weeks waiting for a software update or missing components before being transported to my dealer.

thanks in advance.
I think this is something we will know/learn from your experience. We are all in the dark at the moment how long it will take for your car to be out of the port. Heck, even the dealer is in the dark.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think this is something we will know/learn from your experience. We are all in the dark at the moment how long it will take for your car to be out of the port. Heck, even the dealer is in the dark.
The clock starts today, so will let people know how things progress, if interested. The ship docked in Houston last night and TYD says my car should arrive at the dealership in Kansas City on June 17th.

Let's see if Porsche has identified a way to minimize PDI delays. Fingers crossed because I want my car!!!

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
The clock starts today, so will let people know how things progress, if interested. The ship docked in Houston last night and TYD says my car should arrive at the dealership in Kansas City on June 17th.

Let's see if Porsche has identified a way to minimize PDI delays. Fingers crossed because I want my car!!!
Excellent. Though my case is unique due to involving a number of delaying factors, my car got to the Houston port on February 22nd and will also be delivered on or about June 17th. :D

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
Excellent. Though my case is unique due to involving a number of delaying factors, my car got to the Houston port on February 22nd and will also be delivered on or about June 17th. :D
Oh damn. That's a long wait!
Now that all CTs at Benicia are cleared, I hope CTs at Houston port will be cleared soon too. All the best.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
sigh.. built 4/8, sitting in Emden since 4/12. still missing all the boats. every date given to me has come and gone (current one is 5/20 for 'on vessel' that obv didn't happen).

anyone have any luck escalating this to get more info? there are plenty of folks here who's car was built after mine driving them around, so its very confusing and troubling.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Just as FYI for the group, since the SFL Conductor docked in Houston on Sunday night, TYD has progressed to show my vehicle has moved past "Ship entering port channel" and "Entry Port" and now shows "Port Processing." The good news is that the port of Houston is operating smoothly enough to have the ship dock on time, and to get my car offloaded quickly.

What is still to be determined is if TYD will keep on schedule to hit the Jun 17th delivery date it currently shows. This will tell us if Porsche has worked through some of the recent US PDI challenges, in Houston at least.

I know some are waiting on vehicles to be delivered later on this year, and my active CT4s delivery schedule is a potential barometer of what they may experience, so I will keep the group updated on progress.

Cheers

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is still to be determined is if TYD will keep on schedule to hit the Jun 17th delivery date it currently shows. This will tell us if Porsche has worked through some of the recent US PDI challenges, in Houston at least.

Sorry for the quick follow up, but since last night, TYD has updated the dealership arrival date to June 10th, from June 17th. I confirmed this was accurate with the dealership.

It is still be seen if the vehicle will keep that schedule, or if I am just lucky that the PDI process is only a couple of weeks now. SFL Conductor is headed to Veracruz, Mexico after docking in Houston, and not scheduled for a West Coast stop, so I am thinking that there were not too many client Porsche's on this ship, which is allowing for faster PDI process to happen. Out of Houston at least

Anyway, just thankful that I found a dealership in the end of January with an available March build allocation, and that is only a 9 hour drive from Denver, so I can road trip to swap Taycan's. Events held together to get the car in less than 6 months, so considering myself very lucky in that regard as well.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
finally got some definitive info on my car sitting in Emden.

it has a Stop Delivery block "WMQ3": "Due to worldwide semiconductor shortages experienced by some suppliers, the affected vehicles were built without a loudspeaker booster. "

Porsche Taycan Definitive Cross Turismo Delay/Stop-Order/Held in Port Thread 1653517242719

No idea why they are leaving it in Emden...

also no real definitive date. just the typical 3 week addition to the already delayed date. Now looking at a July 22 delivery for a car that finished production on 4/8 (and was originally slated finish production on 2/18).
Sponsored