Definitive Source For Curb Weight?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Where can I locate the curb weight of my CT4? Where can any owner look this up for their respective Taycan model?

My manual and door jam sticker only mention max loads, not the unladen Curb Weight.

Emphasis: I’m looking for a definitive source.

Please don’t share:
  • A number you just Googled
  • Some 3rd party spec lookup site
  • A car review article that mentions the weight.
Please do share:
  • A link to Porsche technical data that includes gross curb weight for the various Taycan models
  • Whichever section and subsection in the manual I have overlooked!
Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Where can I locate the curb weight of my CT4? Where can any owner look this up for their respective Taycan model?

My manual and door jam sticker only mention max loads, not the unladen Curb Weight.

Please don’t share:
Please do share:
  • A link to Porsche technical data that includes gross curb weight for the various Taycan models
Thank you!
The closest I’ve gotten to a definitive, is to consult the drivers door jam sticker, for the number “Combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed” (1146lbs in the case of my CT4) and subtracting that from the maximum gross weight figure listed in the manual Technical Data section for my CT4 (6360 lbs) for a presumed curb weight of 5214 lbs.

It would be nice if this number were more directly referenceable.

Last edited:

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche published specification sheets in 2019 (when I joined the forum) that included curb weights on page 2. Unfortunately the Sport and Cross Tourismo models were not yet announced. There's probably a more current version of these somewhere. But in the meantime, you can use this to validate @satchurator's method of calculating the curb weight from the gross and max payload weights (see if it works on the other models), to give you greater confidence that the method applies to your CT4.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
if you download the brochures from Porsche Taycan - Porsche USA they have a tables with weights across the range. 5,000 is a good average. if you want to know your cars weight pull through a truck weigh station.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

Please don’t share:
Please do share:
Thank you!
It depends on how accurate you want.
I bookmarked a page which gave this sort of data but it has been updated and weight is no longer on it :(
OTOH it will make quite a big potential difference depending on spec. The glass roof is significantly heavier than the ally one. The plated brakes are bigger and heavier than the ones standard on the 4S and GTS but the carbon ceramics are lighter.
The big battery is a lot heavier too.
So actual weight will be spec dependant, weighing your own will be the way to get the truth!

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Equal points to @philbur and @f1eng - thank you!

The brochure link does have current model year curb weight under the technical specs Body section. And of course, weighing the actual car at a weigh bridge is the absolute definitive!

In my case I was merely looking to confirm adequate rating of a new floor jack and stands.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Please don’t share:
Please do share:
Thank you!
Did you not bother to look?

Review the Taycan pages on the Porsche website - select your model and then click technical details

Porsche Taycan Definitive Source For Curb Weight? 1665395157494

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Review the Taycan pages on the Porsche website - select your model and then click technical details

1665395157494.png
I bookmarked that page since it had this and the range calculator on it. Unfortunately it has been updated and clicking on the bookmark no longer has all this detail and the range planner has gone too.
Whether it exists elsewhere on the Porsche site I haven’t checked yet but the link I have been using for the twenty seven million years since I placed my order goes to a fairly useless page now :(

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I bookmarked that page since it had this and the range calculator on it. Unfortunately it has been updated and clicking on the bookmark no longer has all this detail and the range planner has gone too.
Whether it exists elsewhere on the Porsche site I haven’t checked yet but the link I have been using for the twent seven million years since I placed my order goes to a fairly useless page now :(
https://www.porsche.com/uk/models/taycan/taycan-models/taycan-4-cross-turismo/ then click 'Technical Specs' under whichever variant of Taycan you have selected.

All links to Range etc are further down the same page.

Porsche Taycan Definitive Source For Curb Weight? 1665396500096

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks a lot, so it is still there! I have re-bookmarked it since the bookmark which used to bring me here no longer does.
Aye, bookmarks can be 'crazy' things these days (no doubt it will change again).

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I did a fair bit of looking, and didn’t spot this on the US site. I’m often dishing out RTFMs here in the forum :p. It’s odd that it’s not explicitly listed in the technical data section of the manual.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I did a fair bit of looking, and didn’t spot this on the US site. I’m often dishing out RTFMs here in the forum :p. It’s odd that it’s not explicitly listed in the technical data section of the manual.
Ha ha!

This is what is listed in the online manual (not all details)

Porsche Taycan Definitive Source For Curb Weight? 1665403729718
Sponsored