Delayed at the Port for a month

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
My Taycan arrived at the port last month, was supposed to be delivered within a day or two, and all of a sudden, a delay to March 26.

No answers yet.

Anyone had similar problems?
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Could it have to do with the temporary stop sale order in place right now? I believe they are addressing an issue before releasing the cars.

OP
OP
LovinTaycan

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Could it have to do with the temporary stop sale order in place right now? I believe they are addressing an issue before releasing the cars.
Any idea what that issue is?

Taycanrati

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cherry Metallic Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes. Same situation here. My car has been in the Port for weeks Due to a bad inverter board recall/STOP SALE. - no parts available!

now I hear that the board will not be available until After March 19. ( beginning) Then there’s a new software recall which requires 2 additional days at the dealership to basically reload the entire software system. ——Not a happy Potential Taycan owner.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I hope this issue is being addressed for cars that are currently in production. Porsche wouldn't build a car with known faulty parts just to get it out the door of the factory, would they? :eek:

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If WMA6 is available in the US, they'd probably rather do that in port than pay Porsche dealers for it also.

OP
OP
LovinTaycan

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. Same situation here. My car has been in the Port for weeks Due to a bad inverter board recall/STOP SALE. - no parts available!

now I hear that the board will not be available until After March 19. ( beginning) Then there’s a new software recall which requires 2 additional days at the dealership to basically reload the entire software system. ——Not a happy Potential Taycan owner.
Is this a replacement of the existing part, or is this an upgraded new part?

Taycanrati

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cherry Metallic Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not sure if it’s going to be a total replacement or firmware update. Due to the lack of availability, I would think it’s a new board.
Then I have to get the new software reload.
fix -available- date has now slipped from March 19 to April 2nd.

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
This must be a US thing, Mine arrived in Halifax last week and has already cleared customs and loaded on a truck

Sorry to hear

OP
OP
LovinTaycan

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure if it’s going to be a total replacement or firmware update. Due to the lack of availability, I would think it’s a new board.
Then I have to get the new software reload.
fix -available- date has now slipped from March 19 to April 2nd.
Do you think your issues has anything to do with the 19.2 kW problems where they are now eliminating that option, even from cars that are built and have them.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Do you think your issues has anything to do with the 19.2 kW problems where they are now eliminating that option, even from cars that are built and have them.
To the best of my knowledge Porsche isn’t doing anything to cars that were produced with the 19.2kW charger. Mine (what was mine) was being built when the bulletin came out and shipped with the charger.

OP
OP
LovinTaycan

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To the best of my knowledge Porsche isn’t doing anything to cars that were produced with the 19.2kW charger. Mine (what was mine) was being built when the bulletin came out and shipped with the charger.
I am not sure that is true when reading what others have said here. My car has the 19.2 kW charger as well, and is sitting at the VPC, but I thought it does not work. Where are you getting the idea that they will not be disabling it?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I am not sure that is true when reading what others have said here. My car has the 19.2 kW charger as well, and is sitting at the VPC, but I thought it does not work. Where are you getting the idea that they will not be disabling it?
The tech bulletin, discussions with my dealer, etc. The charger works fine. The problem is with the plug and charge feature which is for DC charging that Porsche does not have a solution for. The hold I believe is related to an inverter issue, but I haven’t been following that one closely.
Sponsored