Delete Taycan 4s lettering or not?

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Hi

My son is adamant we should take the option to delete the model designation from our Taycan 4s. He feels it will make the rear look better.

Interested to know what everyone else is doing on this one and people’s views? We have a spec lock date of 10th Jan so need to make a decision.

best
David
Sponsored

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Hi

My son is adamant we should take the option to delete the model designation from our Taycan 4s. He feels it will make the rear look better.

Interested to know what everyone else is doing on this one and people’s views? We have a spec lock date of 10th Jan so need to make a decision.

best
David
I agree with your son and have deleted it on mine.:like:

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve deleted it on my build as well. Visually, I think “Taycan 4S” looks better than the longer script of the Turbo models, but I prefer the rear deck to be nice and clean. I wish model delete had been done on my 911.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
1.It really is the only external identifier of the car. (Except for the lack of tailpipes).

2 Secript lettering used is classic, my son's Boxster S has the same from years ago.

3. Though the 4S is the "bottom" of the line now, it will not be indefinitely, I don't think, so it has some status.

4. If you upgrade the wheel to the Turbo Aero then I would consider badge deletion as it would be harder to distinguish from an actual Turbo.

5. Also it should only be attached with two face foam so removable later if you change your mind.

My $0.02

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi

best
David
I deleted mine, for the same reasons, clean look is better, well, for black for sure

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wanted to get rid of as much chrome as possible. But also didn’t want to be accused of pretending to own a Turbo :) So I had it painted the same color as the vehicle on my 4S order.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Hi David
I’ve gone with a white 4s and the lettering in black

so I’m actually highlighting it
What other options have you chosen (I’m struggling to chose without seeing a car!)

I assume your will get your car around March time

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
I was keen to have the 'electric' wording on the side and so went with the standard Taycan 4S on the back

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Removed mine on my Turbo for it looks a little bit cleaner.. like to ”dress down” my cars.
Have done it on all my top trim cars...

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Hey everyone

thanks for all the responses - after a great deal of discussion we have decided to go with painting the Taycan 4s sign in the exterior colour .....

cant wait to get the car - struggling to get much out of the dealer on dates other than Feb build / March delivery currently expected following 10 Jan spec locked, although lots of warnings this might change.

best
David

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I was keen to have the 'electric' wording on the side and so went with the standard Taycan 4S on the back
I too wanted the “electric” decal on the side and the only way to get that was to leave the car badged 4S. If you go with black lettering you can’t have the electric logo as that is only in silver.

I’ll therefore debadge the car myself (remove 4s) with some heat from a hair dryer and dental floss when it arrives so that I can keep the electric badge

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with having clear protective film installed on a car that has badging? Seems like it would be quite challenging to apply, and prone to issues.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with having clear protective film installed on a car that has badging? Seems like it would be quite challenging to apply, and prone to issues.
Yes I have clear PPF on my BMW. That was no problem at all. I believe the took the badge off before applying the film and put it back once the film was installed.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I too wanted the “electric” decal on the side and the only way to get that was to leave the car badged 4S. If you go with black lettering you can’t have the electric logo as that is only in silver.

I’ll therefore debadge the car myself (remove 4s) with some heat from a hair dryer and dental floss when it arrives so that I can keep the electric badge
same for me, get all the badges ( including’electric’)
Then you can remove easily after delivery if you want..
Sponsored