Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My TYD still shows TBD for all dates. Got an email from my dealer today saying that his system still shows a June build. We’ll see.
Sponsored

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Had a disappointing call from my dealer today. Ordered Taycan GTS in November. Build confirmed PNSGX3X8 and deposit placed December 12, 2021 for March allocation. Delivery scheduled for May 19, 2022.

Called today to inform me that the car started construction on April 10 but production has now stopped due to unavailability of certain parts, notably wiring harness. New delivery date in Dallas scheduled for June 23, 2022.

Oh well........

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Wiring harness supply chain issues are due to the war in Ukraine.

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
Any updates on the dates for TYD? — I have similar dates as your new build, so I'm curious what are you timeline/schedule.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any updates on the dates for TYD? — I have similar dates as your new build, so I'm curious what are you timeline/schedule.
Unfortunately TYD doesn’t have any dates for me anymore. Everything says TBD and the dealership does not have any information. They seem to get almost no information from the mother ship in Germany. At this point I don’t expect to get a 2022 model built.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Crazy, it seems CTs are far more limited in production than Sedans. You ordered well before me, and though your "rebuild car" after the ship fire has the same timeline as my original order, I'd think they'd prioritize yours over mine if they could. But I've now got TYD updates with a new delivery date pushed out a month

Which to me means somehow supply of CT specific components are far more limited vs. demand, compared to sedans

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Crazy, it seems CTs are far more limited in production than Sedans. You ordered well before me, and though your "rebuild car" after the ship fire has the same timeline as my original order, I'd think they'd prioritize yours over mine if they could. But I've now got TYD updates with a new delivery date pushed out a month

Which to me means somehow supply of CT specific components are far more limited vs. demand, compared to sedans
Yep, I tend to agree with your assessment. Hopefully that means CTs will also hold their value well in the event someone wants/needs to sell it. I also think that build timing is heavily influenced by supply chain restraints so my spec might have something different from your spec that is causing my build to be delayed further.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Unfortunately TYD doesn’t have any dates for me anymore. Everything says TBD and the dealership does not have any information. They seem to get almost no information from the mother ship in Germany. At this point I don’t expect to get a 2022 model built.
That was the situation for me until today. It updated and seems to be back on track. I would not give up hope for a MY22 yet...

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So here's a fun update. When I woke up this morning I checked TYD as I normally do and I had a full set of dates with an estimated delivery date of 8/20 (I think). I just pulled up TYD again so I could update everything in this thread and all the dates are gone again and back to TBD. 🤷‍♂️

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
So here's a fun update. When I woke up this morning I checked TYD as I normally do and I had a full set of dates with an estimated delivery date of 8/20 (I think). I just pulled up TYD again so I could update everything in this thread and all the dates are gone again and back to TBD. 🤷‍♂️
Brutal....

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Our 2022 GTS sedan was ordered November 11, 2021 and the allocation was confirmed December 12, 2021. Originally delivery was scheduled for May 19, 2022. The new delivery date is June 24, 2022.

Last edited:

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Same for me if that makes you feel any better. I lost my dates about a week ago, maybe more. I know this is common so I'm trying not to sweat buckets over it. Just a few cups here and there.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TYD is alive and kicking again for me. I updated the original post in this thread with all the new dates for anyone that is interested.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ordered MY22 Taycan GTS in November. Build confirmed PNSGX3X8 and deposit placed December 12, 2021 for March allocation. Delivery scheduled for May 19, 2022.
It arrived at Park Place Porsche yesterday June 25, 2022. It will take 2-3 days for the dealer to "wake it up" from transportation mode and detail it for delivery. Hope to pick it up on Wednesday June 29.
Was told by our dealer that new orders placed now would be scheduled for delivery in 9-10 months (March to April, 2023)
Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals IMG_3337
Sponsored