Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Ordered MY22 Taycan GTS in November. Build confirmed PNSGX3X8 and deposit placed December 12, 2021 for March allocation. Delivery scheduled for May 19, 2022.
It arrived at Park Place Porsche yesterday June 25, 2022. It will take 2-3 days for the dealer to "wake it up" from transportation mode and detail it for delivery. Hope to pick it up on Wednesday June 29.
Was told by our dealer that new orders placed now would be scheduled for delivery in 9-10 months (March to April, 2023)
IMG_3337.jpeg
Congrats, you’re so close now. I hope you love it.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: status changed to “Start Production” this morning 🎉

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: Production completed and headed for Emden. The rest of the dates have been pushed back and are reflected in post #1.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Update: Production completed and headed for Emden. The rest of the dates have been pushed back and are reflected in post #1.
IDK, dealer advised me that all US orders are STOP orders until the software NHTSA glitch is remedied - my June 21 production completed has not updated since... :facepalm:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
IDK, dealer advised me that all US orders are STOP orders until the software NHTSA glitch is remedied - my June 21 production completed has not updated since... misery loves company? :facepalm:
From what I see posted on these forums it appears that they are still producing vehicles but not able to sell many (due to software updates or parts shortages) and in the most recent cases they cannot ship them out possibly because they lack 12v batteries. I'm not sure why your TYD stopped updating but the updates keep coming for many other people.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
From what I see posted on these forums it appears that they are still producing vehicles but not able to sell many (due to software updates or parts shortages) and in the most recent cases they cannot ship them out possibly because they lack 12v batteries. I'm not sure why your TYD stopped updating but the updates keep coming for many other people.
maybe it's just semantics?
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/major-software-update-announcement-coming-july-13th….11715/post-171988

• New buyers are affected by a stop sale due to this open recall, yet the PCM 6.X release that will address the recall has not yet shipped, so those unfortunate individuals are experiencing delayed delivery.

irish_spring

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW M4, BMW X7
Country flag
As a point of reference, my 4S showed as completed production on 6/24 and has been stuck at Emden Port ever since. The delivery date to was finally updated from Aug 3rd to Sept 9th. When I contacted dealer he said they could not get a boat. He also mentioned current wait time for new orders is 3years. I'm not sure what I believe from them anymore. I ordered the car in Sept '21.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Updated post #1 with vehicle production images.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Updated post #1 with some forward movement finally!

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats. I have the same ‘On Vessel’ date as you but no movement unfortunately…
Hopefully it happens for you soon.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love the manba green - I saw one in a parking lot about a week ago - it looked stunning.
It’s really a great color and n the Taycan. I love how it changes based upon lighting conditions.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Updated post #1 with new dates after setting sail aboard Sunshine Ace.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm finally able to finish up this thread after 13 months. I took delivery of my 2022 Mamba Green Taycan CT4 on Dec 10. Summarizing the things that delayed delivery... Sinking aboard Felicity Ace, war in Ukraine, 12v battery factory fire, global supply chain issues. The car was built and delivered with everything I ordered and was expecting. Here are some pictures ...

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals IMG_2210.JPG

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals IMG_2216.JPG

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals IMG_2219.JPG