Shaunnk

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Classic Mini, Yaris GR, Land Rover Discovery Sport
Country flag
Just collected today and a few initial snaps... very pleased indeed with it!

taycan-1.jpg

taycan-4.jpg

taycan-7.jpg

taycan-10.jpg

Double pug sized boot!
taycan-16.jpg

taycan-22.jpg

taycan-24.jpg

taycan-28.jpg

taycan-35.jpg

taycan-42.jpg
Thanks, good to see those pictures, I have ordered the exact same spec/colour etc, although i have two mini dachs to go in the back :)

Tyredout

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I put the deposit down in spring 2019 at Porsche Newcastle, obviously long before it was officially announced but I grabbed their first build slot... I didn't expect it was going to be over two years though! :CWL:
They're not my nearest OPC but very good, excellent communication, helpful and friendly throughout... would highly recommend.
Small world…. Porsche Newcastle have 2 cross turismos this year, yours is first, mine is October. Chris sent me a picture of yours in the showroom, looks great. As usual, selecting a colour is the most difficult part ??‍♂

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Small world…. Porsche Newcastle have 2 cross turismos this year, yours is first, mine is October. Chris sent me a picture of yours in the showroom, looks great. As usual, selecting a colour is the most difficult part ??‍♂
Very small world, I actually had the opposite experience with Porsche Newcastle (who are my nearest OPC), dealt with someone called Fraser who I found lacked knowledge and communication was really poor. I went with Porsche Teeside in the end.

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Gosh, supply really has slowed down. I assumed their next CT wouldn't be long after mine now that production has started moving again... I guess it's not moving that quickly! Hope the time passes quickly for you... you won't be disappointed!

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very small world, I actually had the opposite experience with Porsche Newcastle (who are my nearest OPC), dealt with someone called Fraser who I found lacked knowledge and communication was really poor. I went with Porsche Teeside in the end.
I switched to Newcastle after a disappointing experience at another Porsche Centre that I'd used for many years (I won't name them)... I wanted to get a deposit down on a CT a couple of years ago but couldn't get through to my salesman. I left three messages (live messages with a receptionist, not a voicemail) over a period of two weeks asking him to call me back and he never did. I guess it may not have been his fault, they might just have had a dreadful internal messaging system but at the end of the day I just wanted to place an order so called Newcastle.

I never came across Fraser but Chris has been outstanding, pre and post delivery. Kept me updated about production and tracking the delivery (without me asking or chasing), phoned me the day after collection to check everything was OK, sent me photo's of the collection etc... He even messaged me yesterday with pics of the CT training day he'd just been on... he genuinely seems to love the cars and care about the customer.

A pity your experience of Newcastle wasn't so good, I guess that some salespeople can let the side down a bit sometimes and colour your impression of the whole operation. I hope Teeside are looking after you well ?

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
Just got my lock in date end of Sept - completed a month later.

Following the thread, and coming from a Macan Turbo PP that has humbled many a 'sports car' - I understand the desire not to have a 'cross estate' car and maybe a 'sports estate' would be more pref. Now, I haven't driven a TC yet but its all booked for a Sat & Sun soon. If it is in any way dynamically inferior I will let you know as I am hyper critical here. However it is likely to be far better than my Macan PP - and this is truly excellent as a family/dog/work car.

So, the height/slammed thing may be just about aesthetics - and the lower you ride it in town the less bumps/sleeping policemen it absorbs. This is why a Cross suits me as I have used the Macan off road a good few times for work - up Welsh mountains etc - so this is THE daddy for me (as long as i'm fully charged)! Plus no reviewer has commented that the handling is in any way compromised by being a few mm higher in std.

Now do i get a £100k 4S or the £125k Turbo. Heart v head v value!!! And I hate all the 20" wheels but want the 20" range! Aftermarket...?

Porsche Taycan Delivery! Cross Turismo 4S in Crayon/Crayon with CT design wheels - Just collected tayc Untitled

David Baldwino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
I put the deposit down in spring 2019 at Porsche Newcastle, obviously long before it was officially announced but I grabbed their first build slot... I didn't expect it was going to be over two years though! :CWL:
They're not my nearest OPC but very good, excellent communication, helpful and friendly throughout... would highly recommend.
Thanks for that info. My friend has just collected his from Sheffield , his came with the one showroom car, that was it, nothing else on the transporter !! Oh, and only 1 key due to chip shortage :) Thanks once more, enjoy her.... you lucky bugger.

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for that info. My friend has just collected his from Sheffield , his came with the one showroom car, that was it, nothing else on the transporter !! Oh, and only 1 key due to chip shortage :) Thanks once more, enjoy her.... you lucky bugger.
Yes, only one key with mine too :rolleyes:. If your friend specced the 14 or 18 way seats then the electric steering column adjustment will probably be missing too. My OPC says mine will be retrofitted as soon as parts become available.... Just in case it applies to your friend and he hasn't realised yet.:)

In case you missed it, there's a whole thread about it here:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ring-wheel-due-to-parts-shortage-really.5881/

David Baldwino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
Yes, only one key with mine too :rolleyes:. If your friend specced the 14 or 18 way seats then the electric steering column adjustment will probably be missing too. My OPC says mine will be retrofitted as soon as parts become available.... Just in case it applies to your friend and he hasn't realised yet.:)

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ring-wheel-due-to-parts-shortage-really.5881/
Class!! It sounds like Land Rover more and more every day ...."" just get them sold, get them made ASAP and the customer / warranty Dept can sort the rest out themselves'' Boom ££

Mattac

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag

T'was me collecting from Sheffield and I did indeed spec 18 way seats. I wasn't aware about the electric steering column adjustment and no one mentioned it to me when I picked the car up. Calling them now!!

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

Odd as I picked mine up today and it had 2 sets of keys and has the motorised steering column ?‍♂

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
I have a non-CT Turbo S on order with the chalk (US name for crayon) interior (Mamba exterior though). Really appreciate your photos, they validate the interior to me a lot. Especially as I also have the matching chalk seatbelts and hadn't seen a photo of that. Thanks!! p.s. beautiful CT!

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a non-CT Turbo S on order with the chalk (US name for crayon) interior (Mamba exterior though). Really appreciate your photos, they validate the interior to me a lot. Especially as I also have the matching chalk seatbelts and hadn't seen a photo of that. Thanks!! p.s. beautiful CT!
Thanks, I looked at Mamba/Chalk on the configurator when I was deciding and thought it looked like a great combination... very special! ?
Sponsored

Reactions: R88