Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Odd as I picked mine up today and it had 2 sets of keys and has the motorised steering column ?‍♂
Excellent and congrats on the new car! Good to hear that the parts are coming through now, hopefully that means they'll be able to sort out the retrofits before too much time passes.
Sponsored

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Thanks, I looked at Mamba/Chalk on the configurator when I was deciding and thought it looked like a great combination... very special! ?
Thanks, very excited! I just wish I was able to drive it back over in the UK (I'm a British expat in the US). There's some fun drives here but nothing beats those B roads and national speed limit.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Best looking pugmobile ever!
BTW, I really want to hear your opinion on pugs and Porsche leather in 6 months! My wife is lobbying for full leather in her 22/23 Macan EV but at the same time refuses to ban our pug from riding in it. His royal highness currently rides shotgun in her SUV but it has MB tex synthetic leather and nothing short of acid seems to hurt it. If your crayon/chalk interior can withstand double pugs, sharp toenails, atomized mucous, etc. then I will breath much easier!

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
BTW, I really want to hear your opinion on pugs and Porsche leather in 6 months! My wife is lobbying for full leather in her 22/23 Macan EV but at the same time refuses to ban our pug from riding in it. His royal highness currently rides shotgun in her SUV but it has MB tex synthetic leather and nothing short of acid seems to hurt it. If your crayon/chalk interior can withstand double pugs, sharp toenails, atomized mucous, etc. then I will breath much easier!
No way are my two going anywhere near the leather! ? They stay in the boot either on the plastic boot liner or in their bed.... so I'm afraid I won't be much use in a pug leather durability report.... I'm sureHis Royal Highness will love the ride though!

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
No way are my two going anywhere near the leather! ? They stay in the boot either on the plastic boot liner or in their bed.... so I'm afraid I won't be much use in a pug leather durability report.... I'm sureHis Royal Highness will love the ride though!
I'm afraid that if His Majesty wants a ride in an EV, he will either need to wait for the Macan EV or be content in a golf cart, as we strictly follow the "American Rule": No pugs in a Taycan! (Not even in the boot.)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes Ross, they're the standard unpainted wheels. They had a demo CT with black gloss painted ones at the dealership and they looked very nice too but I think these show up the details a lot better and I love the 'two tone' effect of the painted and polished sections.

I'll have a go at taking that pic but it might not be for a day or two as it's a busy weekend... assuming it's not already at it's lowest of course!

It's a very hard colour to photograph, most shots (particularly from phone cameras) make it look white. It certainly suits the CT in the flesh though.
When I ticked the Cross Turismo wheels box in the configurator they just looked grey paint all over, not with the shiny bit so I am surprised to see it on standard wheels (I find the shiny bit corrodes first so wanted painted all over).
I am going to have to review my order!

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I ticked the Cross Turismo wheels box in the configurator they just looked grey paint all over, not with the shiny bit so I am surprised to see it on standard wheels (I find the shiny bit corrodes first so wanted painted all over).
I am going to have to review my order!
Yeah, the configurator doesn't show the polished faces of the wheel very well at all, it really does look like it's all painted the same. The only real clue is if you click the info button which says "painted in Titan Grey with highly polished front surfaces.". They really do look good in the flesh.

I'd be very surprised if the polished surfaces corroded at all within a fair few years... and doubtless it would call for a full warranty refurb if they did. I suppose they could always be painted a number of years down the line if a future owner had any issues with them anyway.

Unia

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Just collected today and a few initial snaps... very pleased indeed with it!

taycan-1.jpg

taycan-4.jpg

taycan-7.jpg

taycan-10.jpg

Double pug sized boot!
taycan-16.jpg

taycan-22.jpg

taycan-24.jpg

taycan-28.jpg

taycan-35.jpg

taycan-42.jpg
Thanks, I looked at Mamba/Chalk on the configurator when I was deciding and thought it looked like a great combination... very special! ?
Have you at any time considered leaving out the panoramic glass roof due to more road noise in the cabin? Solid roofs are better soundproofed.

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you at any time considered leaving out the panoramic glass roof due to more road noise in the cabin? Solid roofs are better soundproofed.
No, not considered it... road noise through the roof doesn't seem at all significant to my ears.

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I ordered my Taycan with a metal roof but not because of sound issues.
Sponsored