Unia

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI
Country flag
No, not considered it... road noise through the roof doesn't seem at all significant to my ears.
Okej, thank you for you reply. I ask because some Taycan drivers pointed out the fact after testing both models. A German owner who has one without a sunroof. When he handed in the car to Porsche to fix some errors on warranty, he got a rental car, also a Taycan 4, however, with a panorma, he noticed the difference immediately. The car without a panorama is apparently much quieter inside the cabin. Double glazing on EV vehicles is probably also good to spec.

By the way, congratulations on a wonderful car.
Sponsored

Unia

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI
Country flag
I ordered my Taycan with a metal roof but not because of sound issues.
For what reason then? I'm about to order CT 4S, have not decided if with panorama or metal roof.

Shaun04

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EQC VW POLO
Country flag
Just saw your post, car looks great!! I’ve been really nervous if made the right choice but looks amazing!! Hope to see my car in January….(hope!) code PNVUPIL7

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Hi there - I’ve placed an order for a crayon CT4S, currently with crayon/black leather too (and 21” CT design wheels - all of this must be very familiar to you!).
I’m about to change for Bordeaux/red interior instead (to compliment red brakes / contrast with the paint), but have always loved light interiors so a hard one.

Would you have a couple of pictures lying around where I could see both paint & interior, maybe an open door taken from afar?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Would you have a couple of pictures lying around where I could see both paint & interior, maybe an open door taken from afar?

Thanks!
Sure, I've snapped some pics this morning but am having difficulty uploading them for some reason... I'll try again this afternoon so check back and hopefully they'll be here.

I had a black Macan with full red leather about five years ago, I loved it to start with but got tired of it fairly quickly... after a while it felt a bit like stepping into a tart's boudoir! I wouldn't criticise anyone for choosing it though, I do think red and crayon would look pretty stunning together.

I'm swapping to a GTS ST before too long (depending on when dealer allocations start appearing) and am thinking the same Crayon/Crayon combo... although I'm also thinking possibly Coffee Beige with Atacama Olea.... just for a change. ?

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Sure, I've snapped some pics this morning but am having difficulty uploading them for some reason... I'll try again this afternoon so check back and hopefully they'll be here.

I had a black Macan with full red leather about five years ago, I loved it to start with but got tired of it fairly quickly... after a while it felt a bit like stepping into a tart's boudoir! I wouldn't criticise anyone for choosing it though, I do think red and crayon would look pretty stunning together.

I'm swapping to a GTS ST before too long (depending on when dealer allocations start appearing) and am thinking the same Crayon/Crayon combo... although I'm also thinking possibly Coffee Beige with Atacama Olea.... just for a change. ?
That’s brilliant, thanks so much! Is the car on the 20” Turbo S for winter?
I was really tempted by the GTS as it comes with loads of things I had ticked as extras on 4S and therefore is almost the same cost but ultimately the CT body suits me better.

Coffee / Atacama will probably feel very warm vs. your current crayon combo, but on a sporty GTS it might still feel like crayon suits it best!

Would you have some feedback as to which extras you’d spec again or not on your next GTS vs. 4S?
If yours was a 4+1 I’d have considered it as it’s so close to my spec!

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
That’s brilliant, thanks so much! Is the car on the 20” Turbo S for winter?
I was really tempted by the GTS as it comes with loads of things I had ticked as extras on 4S and therefore is almost the same cost but ultimately the CT body suits me better.

Coffee / Atacama will probably feel very warm vs. your current crayon combo, but on a sporty GTS it might still feel like crayon suits it best!

Would you have some feedback as to which extras you’d spec again or not on your next GTS vs. 4S?
If yours was a 4+1 I’d have considered it as it’s so close to my spec!
Yes, those are my winter wheels, especially useful in a Yorkshire winter!

I did agonise over whether to tick the 4+1 or not. I was literally only going to add it for potential resale value as I have no need of the +1 myself and the extra headrest slightly impedes the rear view. I think it was a couple of threads on here that talked me out of it in the end.

Other options? I guess the Innodrive and Park Assist are pretty frivolous and not particularly useful and I'd think hard before speccing those again.

One option I'd never taken any notice of in previous cars that I'd get every time now was the 'Deep pile floor mats with leather edging', at just over £500 it's not too bad in the overall scheme of Porsche options (I've seen some more expensive aftermarket mats that aren't nearly as nice). You can pick the colour of leather edging to match the leather of the car and they really do have a luxurious feel and enhance the interior appearance of the car. Plus, you also get the original mats to use as an alternative (perhaps on a muddy trip where you want to save the deep pile ones). Definitely an often overlooked option that's worth considering.
Sponsored