tconrad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Chalk Taycan 4S, E92 M3
Country flag
My 2021 Chalk Taycan 4S delivered yesterday; 7 days after the original TYD estimate (which I consider borderline miraculous).

So far I've been lucky and haven't really hit any of the snafus that get discussed around here: The car didn't mysteriously sit waiting at the port for a month, Porsche Connect / in-car Profile setup worked as designed and on the first try, my charging profiles and timers combined to do what I believed they'd do last night, the Apple Music tab shows up as expected in the media interface, charging initiates quickly after I plug in, etc.

I will say I was very glad for this checklist -- among other things it ensured that I actually got the NEMA 14-50 adapter that otherwise would have been missing from the car. Would have been a pretty big disappointment to get home and discover it wasn't there and I couldn't charge. Thanks @KensingtonPark.

I know there's still plenty of time for any number of issues to rear their head and that there's as good a chance as not that I've just been lucky so far. None the less, figured if you're out there and worrying about all the things that might go wrong on day one... it can happen that nothing goes wrong.

The car is every bit as fantastic as I'd hoped. I've always loved Chalk on 911's but agree with some other posters here that on larger Porsche's it perhaps doesn't work as well. Delighted though with how it feels on my Taycan and I'm definitely among those that feel it's hard to capture in photos.

Regardless, here are a bunch of pics:

Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9849
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9850
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9851
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9852
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9853
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9854
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9855
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9856
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9857
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9858
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9859
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9860
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9861
Porsche Taycan Delivery Day IMG_9863

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Looks awesome, thanks! Hypes me up for my Chalk as well. I was gonna ask if this was Napa, but then I scrolled back up and saw your location is Sonoma :) I'm sure you'll wear out those windy roads through wine country very soon!

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Looks great! Glad to hear that the checklist is still handy. I would try to update it, but I suspect there are a few tips that apply today that really didn’t when I picked mine up in August.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Massive congrats, Tom! Fantastic color. I'm glad both our cars finally made it over on the good old Glovis Supreme. Enjoy!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Congrats! Chalk is my second choice when ordering - it's a fantastic color. The problem is love all the Taycan colors (not black) and need one in every color! :involve:

Enjoy in great health sir! :fist bump:

dckyoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My chalk is in the port now, and it should be in my hands in mid-June, can't wait - chalk looks great! With the very sunny shots, try adjusting the white balance of the photo to bring out the red in the chalk color more (warm it up).
Sponsored