nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
my taycan is due in at the dealership imminently wahay! I have been offered the option of having it delivered to my home address in a covered truck ; or to pick up at dealer (I live approx 1 hour from dealer); any idea which i should choose?
Sponsored

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
my taycan is due in at the dealership imminently wahay! I have been offered the option of having it delivered to my home address in a covered truck ; or to pick up at dealer (I live approx 1 hour from dealer); any idea which i should choose?
Since the dealers know very little, might as well have it delivered to your home and put the miles on the covered truck. You are going to learn more on your own and via this forum than the dealer. Just make sure they give you all the charging items like the charger and the correct cords you ordered.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
In my humble opinion would collect from the dealership. You can inspect the car thoroughly with the dealership to avoid any issues. Plus never know they might a free gift for you! Ps: Just saw a pig fly.;)

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I would accept the car at the dealer because you will more than likely want to set up the Porsche Connect and get a thorough explanation of the features, benefits and how to access any reference material (i.e. vehicle manual) in the future.

If they are willing to send a Porsche Ambassador to your home and you are comfortable with them being at your home, perhaps you can access the delivery.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I would accept the car at the dealer because you will more than likely want to set up the Porsche Connect and get a thorough explanation of the features, benefits and how to access any reference material (i.e. vehicle manual) in the future.

If they are willing to send a Porsche Ambassador to your home and you are comfortable with them being at your home, perhaps you can access the delivery.
I will update my comments to say if the dealer isn't sending an Ambassador to your home, I too would pick it up at the dealership. If it is just a truck driver, go get it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Wait for the COVID restrictions to be lifted (imminent) such that the dealer can do a proper handover.

No brainer.

OP
OP

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
Thanks so much ;advice is great on the forum ; I’ll pick up at the dealer ?

OP
OP

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
Dealer for the following reasons:
  1. Test drive the vehicle, including a test charging session. Keep the radio off until you are through driving. Listen for rattles at the doors.
  2. Inspect the paint work, if its raining have them bring it inside prior to your arrival. Shop lights will show imperfections that you may miss outdoors in the rain or late in the day. Inspect suspension to make sure the transport blocks are not still on your shock absorbers.
  3. Be sure that all your options are properly included. The window sticker is a good start at verification.
  4. Try to work everything that you can - all windows, suspension lift, Recuperation settings, sport chrono wheel, if so equipped, wipers, PCM, Tubes.
  5. Verify the mobile charger is in the truck, open the suitcase to inspect. These things are constantly being pirated by sales people
  6. Verify that your final paperwork matches what you have expected.
  7. Do not accept delivery if any of the above is not you your liking.
  8. Do all the above prior to signing the doc's.
  9. After signing the doc's insist that your Porsche Connect is setup, verified and working.
  10. Take the car home and have fun learning all there is to know!
[/QUOTE

fantastic advice thanks -going to work through your checklist when I get to the dealer

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
I guess it depends on your dealer - more importantly your sales representative. I picked mine up at the dealer and I as well live about an hour from the dealership. Arrived at about 3:00PM and spent the next 2 HOURS in the car with my sales representative. We went through each and every screen setting the car up to my liking. I asked question after question and for those that he did not have an answer we experimented. And on the way home I forgot everything.................as the drive home was all about driving!!! The best comment that John (my sales representative) made was when he opened the showroom doors to drive my car out......................'Wait until I rev the engine' ?. Still makes me smile.
Sponsored