Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Panamera 4S EH, 2022 Cayenne
Country flag
I purchased a 4S from a dealer out of state. The distance is too far to drive and pick up. For those who have done this I have a few questions.
- Can you have the car delivered to a local Porsche dealer? If local dealer, did they take you through car orientation?
- Car transport - any recommendations for a closed transport?
- I’m 4 hours from the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta, deliver there?
- If home delivery, did you setup the car yourself?
Thank you.
Sponsored

Tavsan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW M5
Country flag
I would go with PEC Atlanta option. I am not clear on the full details (e.g would it add additional delays due to scheduling it). I going with PEC LA, I like the 90 minute track session with an instructor and I do not pay for shipping. I get to drive it home instead!

I purchased a 4S from a dealer out of state. The distance is too far to drive and pick up. For those who have done this I have a few questions.
- Can you have the car delivered to a local Porsche dealer? If local dealer, did they take you through car orientation?
Thank you.

OP
OP

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you. I wonder if it would delay delivery as mentioned. I will check.

Tavsan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW M5
Country flag
Looks like they do it twice a day Tue-Fri:

The PEC ATL is open for new vehicle deliveries Tuesday through Friday and offers two deliveries per day. The morning delivery begins at 9:00am and lasts till 1:30pm and the afternoon delivery begins at 12:30pm and lasts till 5:30pm. Both delivery times include complimentary lunch in our fine dining facility, Restaurant 356. The delivery is a full, scheduled experience and we ask that customers arrange their travel accordingly.
Thank you. I wonder if it would delay delivery as mentioned. I will check.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Thank you.
I purchased my TTS from a Porsche dealer out of state. I almost flew there to road trip it back but at the end of the day did not feel confident doing that as this was my first EV and I didn’t want to put so much mileage on so soon. The dealer arranged covered transport and took care of everything. $2K added to the purchase price to ship it to me and the car was delivered to my driveway on a covered trailer a few days after I FedEx’d back the paperwork and check. That part was pretty seamless. I’m sure the dealer you are buying from has transport companies they work with and trust. The dealer put a 45 day temporary tag from the other state on the car. It was a bit of a hassle to finalize the title and get it registered in my home state under my name but it all worked out in the end. They set me up with Porsche Connect account and I just had to sign in to the car with my Porsche ID. I had researched the car so much and watched enough videos and read enough on this forum in advance that I probably knew more about the Taycan than the dealer anyway so didn’t need the handover or their help to set anything else up. Good luck.

OP
OP

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you. Does Porsche provide car orientation at the PEC when cars are delivered there?