DeLorean Alpha5 electric car unveiled to rival Porsche Taycan

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
What I'm really struggling with here are the proportions. The silhouette looks pretty similar to a Taycan, but then you see the door open and the rear seats are practically on top of the wheels, which makes me think it's 10-20" shorter than the Taycan. Now if they can fit 100kWh into that sort of packaging, that could be interesting, and would make it more of a 911 EV competitor.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Interesting - think this needs to be seen in person to really appreciate the look, stance, detail - could alter my opinion but personally was not ever really a huge fan to begin with (heretical I know and from an Irishman :)!) but do appreciate the history and engineering of the original and this new take. Certain design elements undoubtedly have that 'cool' factor and TBH, the more the merrier!

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Those gullwing doors are mmaasssiivvveeee. It will be interesting to see if they make it unaltered to production.
The back looks lovely, but the front looks pretty forgettable, like a BMW i8 had sex with an EV6, but didn't get the good genes.
Why didn't they lean more into their awesome 80s heritage? Seems like a missed opportunity, imho.

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Very nice.
That is the main thing I am missing going from Model X to Taycan: Automatic doors.
I really liked them.
Feels really cool to walk away from the car with open doors and press the lock button on the key and let the car close behind you.
It gives a superhero feeling. Like when the superhero presses a button to make a bomb explode in the background while walking to the camera, :)

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Very nice.
That is the main thing I am missing going from Model X to Taycan: Automatic doors.
I really liked them.
Feels really cool to walk away from the car with open doors and press the lock button on the key and let the car close behind you.
It gives a superhero feeling. Like when the superhero presses a button to make a bomb explode in the background while walking to the camera, :)
You are making reference to that Joker walking away from the hospital scene, aren’t you ;)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You better have a very high ceiling in your garage.

First impression.... I don't really like it.

abrookesuk

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 - blt Jun 3, dealer 22 Jun, del me 29..
Country flag
Looks like something direct from the UFO series back in the 70's driven by Ed Straker

Reactions: B61

kokos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
There’s a long journey between a prototype to production. Curious to see how many of these estimated figures change or what the final product looks like!
Sponsored