tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I haven't seen too many videos of this feature working so thought I'd share mine. Porsche describes it as:

The system automatically detects parking space. Once the system has signaled that the parking space is a sufficient size, the driver can initiate and control the parking process. The system automatically takes over the steering and the forward and backward movement of the vehicle. The Active Parking Assistance is able to park the vehicle in parallel and perpendicular parking spaces.

Here is a short video of it working in my car:

All the movements and actions of the car – including putting on the indicator – after I press the auto park button and pull forward to find the space – is entirely automatic. No hands on the wheel, no feet on the pedals.

Here is my car parked after the manoeuvre:

Porsche Taycan Demo of Active Parking Support IMG_5337

Porsche Taycan Demo of Active Parking Support IMG_5340

Last edited:

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I haven't seen too many videos of this feature working so thought I'd share mine. Porsche describes it as:

The system automatically detects parking space. Once the system has signaled that the parking space is a sufficient size, the driver can initiate and control the parking process. The system automatically takes over the steering and the forward and backward movement of the vehicle. The Active Parking Assistance is able to park the vehicle in parallel and perpendicular parking spaces.

Demo of Taycan Active Parking Support [Video Clip]

All the movements and actions of the car – including putting on the indicator – after I press the auto park button and pull forward to find the space – is entirely automatic. No hands on the wheel, no feet on the pedals.

IMG_5340.jpeg

IMG_5337.jpeg
I am considering this Option. My question is if the Parking Space only had 6 inches on either side would it still let u park in that space or would it just tell you the space was too small? The reason I’m asking is I have a Garage that is only 90 inches wide so I only have 6 inches on either side when I enter.

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag

Demo of Taycan Active Parking Support [Video Clip]

IMG_5340.jpeg

IMG_5337.jpeg
Nerves of steel! ?

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I have this option and used it around town in my previous Audi. I had tried and failed a few times in the Taycan but had not realised you have to push the park assist button a second time after it finds a space, thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have this option and used it around town in my previous Audi. I had tried and failed a few times in the Taycan but had not realised you have to push the park assist button a second time after it finds a space, thanks for sharing!
I was also making the mistake where when it would find the spot and ask you to stop, I'd press the pedal hard to activate the "hold" function – something I do out of habit. However, that prevents the parking function from working, but it doesn't give you any info/warning.

It makes sense that hold means hold. But just stopping normally and letting it do its thing is enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am considering this Option. My question is if the Parking Space only had 6 inches on either side would it still let u park in that space or would it just tell you the space was too small? The reason I’m asking is I have a Garage that is only 90 inches wide so I only have 6 inches on either side when I enter.
It is difficult for me to give you an answer based on the description. From what I've observed is that if the car detects the space then it will park it there safely. If its not happy, then it won't detect it in the first place.

In my apartment complex at home, I park near a pillar – have less than 15 cm each side – and the space is not detected, nor would I trust it due to the pillar even if it did.

So in my most common parking space situation at home, auto park won't work.

On-street parking and open-air car parks seem its sweet-spot.

Porsche Taycan Demo of Active Parking Support IMG_0978

Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Have you done it standing next to the car and controlling it from the phone?

Pprior

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 428, BMW 328GT, Kumpan electric scooter
Country flag
Thanks for posting. Interesting that it takes two back and forth movements - my 8 year old BMW has self parking and I think it makes it one back and forward almost every time. Seems to do so faster as well. But then again I control the gas and brake on the BMW it just does the steering. Either way, a nice feature to have and I use it primarily to make sure I don't scuff up my wheels as self parking gets me closer than I would do without "risk".

OpinionatedOz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I was also making the mistake where when it would find the spot and ask you to stop, I'd press the pedal hard to activate the "hold" function – something I do out of habit. However, that prevents the parking function from working, but it doesn't give you any info/warning.

It makes sense that hold means hold. But just stopping normally and letting it do its thing is enough.
Thank you! I was perplexed why I couldn't get active parking support to engage and thought I had dodgy sensors.... this solved it for me.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
is this just part of the 360 camera option - Ive not seen it as a separate item to add in a build?

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
is this just part of the 360 camera option - Ive not seen it as a separate item to add in a build?
Its now part of Remote ParkAssist option. For my MY21 car it was just called "ParkAssist" – as I don't have any remote aspects to it.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Its now part of Remote ParkAssist option. For my MY21 car it was just called "ParkAssist" – as I don't have any remote aspects to it.
OK - not showing on my build.. Im curious if it can be S/W activated (like Intelligent Charging) as long as the car has the 360 camera/sensor options or if Porsche has some additional hardware components with it.

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK - not showing on my build.. Im curious if it can be S/W activated (like Intelligent Charging) as long as the car has the 360 camera/sensor options or if Porsche has some additional hardware components with it.
It requires lots of additional (ultrasonic) sensors. For example, it also does cross-traffic alert and blind junction alerting. These capabilities in day-to-day use are the reason I picked this option rather then the headline feature of "auto park".

But they have dedicated additional ultra-sonic sensors not found in the 360 camera options.
Sponsored