Advertisement

Pivotaltrader

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 HD Denali 2500 Crew Cab, 2021 taycan turbo est February delivery
Country flag
I found this video on youtube that demonstrates to some degree the burmester sound system. It seems to be a fantastic option for the audio aficionados.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Porsche Panamera GTS, Taycan Turbo S (soon)
Country flag
I get 'video unavailable'

manitou202

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I haven't been able to experience the Burmester systems in any Porsche. But I will say that the Bose systems are just okay. My Taycan Bose system (and several other Porsche Bose systems I've had in the past) isn't nearly as good as the Bang and Olufsen system in my Audi E-tron.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Porsche Panamera GTS, Taycan Turbo S (soon)
Country flag
I haven't been able to experience the Burmester systems in any Porsche. But I will say that the Bose systems are just okay. My Taycan Bose system (and several other Porsche Bose systems I've had in the past) isn't nearly as good as the Bang and Olufsen system in my Audi E-tron.
Posted elsewhere in more detail, but I took a flash drive with FLAC files to my dealer and played them in the Bose and Burmester cars. The Bose is the best Bose I've heard in the car, but with the Burmester there is just no comparison.

OP

Pivotaltrader

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 HD Denali 2500 Crew Cab, 2021 taycan turbo est February delivery
Country flag
I get 'video unavailable'
i clicked on it and it worked for me... let me know if it still doesnt work, search youtube "porsche taycan burmester" 5:51 long video by L&B

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This has been mentioned a few times but worth noting.. don't spec Burmeister without also speccing insulated glass.

Basically Standard > Bose > Bose w/ Insulated Glass > Burmeister w/ Insulated Glass.

Burmeister without insulated glass is like a delicious hamburger without a bun.

DragonRR

Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10+ , RR SVR,BMW M5 Comp, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
Burmester in the Taycan is as good a sound system as I've heard in a car and this includes my RS6 with B&O which was superb.

Totally agree - Insulated glass is close to essential. with Burmester ticked.

redrocket

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Panamera 4S, Bimmer X3
Country flag
Burmester in the Taycan is just awesome. I never had a car sound system sound this good. Don’t think I’d buy it for a 911 because of the engine noise, but in the very quiet Taycan it is amazing and for me was a good spend.

MN_taycan

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 Audi S7, 1972 Datsun 240Z
Country flag
Burmester in the Taycan is just awesome. I never had a car sound system sound this good.
Agreed. I have top-end B&O setup in an Audi S7 and the Burmester sound is a upgrade. I got lucky in that I wasn’t planning to spec it in my Taycan build, but ended up taking delivery of a car someone else had spec’d with the Burmester option and I’m very happy with it. To be sure it isn’t inexpensive...but know the sound is awesome.

Advertisement