Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
I found this video on youtube that demonstrates to some degree the burmester sound system. It seems to be a fantastic option for the audio aficionados.

Sponsored

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I haven't been able to experience the Burmester systems in any Porsche. But I will say that the Bose systems are just okay. My Taycan Bose system (and several other Porsche Bose systems I've had in the past) isn't nearly as good as the Bang and Olufsen system in my Audi E-tron.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I haven't been able to experience the Burmester systems in any Porsche. But I will say that the Bose systems are just okay. My Taycan Bose system (and several other Porsche Bose systems I've had in the past) isn't nearly as good as the Bang and Olufsen system in my Audi E-tron.
Posted elsewhere in more detail, but I took a flash drive with FLAC files to my dealer and played them in the Bose and Burmester cars. The Bose is the best Bose I've heard in the car, but with the Burmester there is just no comparison.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This has been mentioned a few times but worth noting.. don't spec Burmeister without also speccing insulated glass.

Basically Standard > Bose > Bose w/ Insulated Glass > Burmeister w/ Insulated Glass.

Burmeister without insulated glass is like a delicious hamburger without a bun.

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
Burmester in the Taycan is as good a sound system as I've heard in a car and this includes my RS6 with B&O which was superb.

Totally agree - Insulated glass is close to essential. with Burmester ticked.

redrocket

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Panamera 4S, Bimmer X3
Country flag
Burmester in the Taycan is just awesome. I never had a car sound system sound this good. Don’t think I’d buy it for a 911 because of the engine noise, but in the very quiet Taycan it is amazing and for me was a good spend.

MN_taycan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 Audi S7, 1972 Datsun 240Z
Country flag
Burmester in the Taycan is just awesome. I never had a car sound system sound this good.
Agreed. I have top-end B&O setup in an Audi S7 and the Burmester sound is a upgrade. I got lucky in that I wasn’t planning to spec it in my Taycan build, but ended up taking delivery of a car someone else had spec’d with the Burmester option and I’m very happy with it. To be sure it isn’t inexpensive...but know the sound is awesome.

chicane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
im a bit dissapointed i didnt spec this given how everyone is raving about the burmester sound system.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
im a bit dissapointed i didnt spec this given how everyone is raving about the burmester sound system.
Don't be, it's all relative. I demoed it and any home system for the same price will blow it out of the water.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Don't be, it's all relative. I demoed it and any home system for the same price will blow it out of the water.
Problem is, that I can’t play that loud in my house :)

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Also, although I spent many times more than the Burmester option on the Taycan, on my home stereo, I spend 50 times more listening to music in the car than at home. As usual, overkill... other than a Burmester Power Conditioner, I have 4 Classe 600W amps feeding two Bowers and Wilkins 800 Diamond speakers. Also have quite a few other not-cheap goodies. All this to hear near-perfection sound, but which I only use a few hours a month. The power on this setup is like having a Taycan with 2000HP ! I use the power for fidelity and not so much for decibels...
So basically Burmester in Taycan much better investment in my case !
Porsche Taycan Demonstration / discussion of burmester sound system in taycan turbo B660C0C7-F1FC-4711-98DC-31E3AEA197E0
Sponsored

Last edited: